Damn phones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
could anyone tell me why everyone else can get my txts but my wife cant, it was fine until yesterday but now she doesn't receive them at all.
I have an iphone 3G and she has a samsung monti slide, i have checked the settings (what i could find) but to no avail, would it be best to delete her and start again(no wise cracks) :lol:

TIA

(no wise cracks)

DAMN...spoilsport.

I'd do exactly that. Delete the number and re-enter it. If that doesn't work, she's trying to tell you something :lol:

Just a thought. are you both with the same network? if not then is she receiving all texts from others. If you are and all else fails ring the network.

Bob

You could try giving the provider a ring ,they may be able to give you a fix for your problem ( i meant the phone :wink: )

if your number is saved as 07 in her phone change it to +447 or do the same the other way, probably a network glitch and will right its self in a couple of days.

will try re-entering it and see where we go, if anyone has a cheapish iphone for sale i may be interested..

Lons":18jxzqy7 said:
is she receiving all texts from others

This is definitely worth checking - that, and whether anyone else can receive your texts.

My girlfriend's old phone used to occasionally fail to receive texts, and after a while of back and forth the operator claimed that it had lost the settings for their text message server (or something similar), they re-sent them down to the phone and from that point onwards it was fixed (for a while).

JakeS":22csw53z said:
Lons":22csw53z said:
is she receiving all texts from others

This is definitely worth checking - that, and whether anyone else can receive your texts.

My girlfriend's old phone used to occasionally fail to receive texts, and after a while of back and forth the operator claimed that it had lost the settings for their text message server (or something similar), they re-sent them down to the phone and from that point onwards it was fixed (for a while).

well she seems to get everyone she usually txts messages and they hers, i can receive hers but she cant get mine, weird..

I sent a text once. Well I think I sent it anyway, not sure if it ever arrived. I haven't tried since. I do manage to keep taking photos of my ear though.

K

Has she recently changed from an iPhone? Or has her number ever been associated to an iPhone?

If she has then her number will be treated by your phone as an iPhone and will there for be trying to send imessages to her instead of regular messages, you can tell because in the message screen they are blue not green

If not then I don't know .....

John

speeder1987":30s7i16c said:
Has she recently changed from an iPhone? Or has her number ever been associated to an iPhone?

If she has then her number will be treated by your phone as an iPhone and will there for be trying to send imessages to her instead of regular messages, you can tell because in the message screen they are blue not green

If not then I don't know .....

John

i did actually check that, i didn't know that myself until the other day, i just wondered why is that one green, and that one blue, all seems ok, oh well i'll battle on with it..

Steve, any further progress on this?

Noel":2dl4div7 said:

Yes Noel
its now sorted out, she doesn't know how she did it but there is a blocked button on her phone and she had blocked my Number, so after a quick slap she wont do it again.. :lol:

graduate_owner":1jcpwx9o said:
I sent a text once. Well I think I sent it anyway, not sure if it ever arrived. I haven't tried since. I do manage to keep taking photos of my ear though.

K

You obviously have a similar relationship with your mobile as I do with mine. I seem unable to do anything other than enter a number and ring it - always assuming that I am away from home at the time as we have no mobile signal here at all.

stevebuk":134924gs said:
Noel":134924gs said:

Yes Noel
its now sorted out, she doesn't know how she did it but there is a blocked button on her phone and she had blocked my Number, so after a quick slap she wont do it again.. :lol:

Cheers Steve, I'll check that out.

Back