Dakota Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the front vice really on the righthand side? Are you a lefty? Flimsy undercarriage. Probably okay if you intend to use it as router cutter storage, as one of the reviewers seems to, but that ain't no workbench for any kind of hand tool use as far as I can see. I defer to anyone who's actually bought one, obviously - apart from the reviews (I heard a nasty rumour that Rutlands only publishes 5 star reviews...) In short - depends what you want if for, John.

Hahaha, a spurious allegation! I reviewed an item and funnily enough it never appeared, possibly any criticism must be ignored. In answer to the original question, if it says Dakota on the outside DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!!

Thanks, I have to agree they look flimsy and likely to move about quite a bit.

I made my last bench but was quite happy with it, if I had a budget of 300.00 - 400.00 what can be bought on the market that is good quality ?

John

Sorry dude, you are not going to get anything decent for that money, shop brought, I got one of those dakota benches for my secondary workshop at home, completely useless for doing anything on except storage or as a rest. You need something big and heavy that will not move around if you are trying to do any kind of serious handtool stuff. I would advise making your own, much more fun and rewarding and suprisingly easy and cheap.

cheers, Mark

Any chance of picking up a used School Bench somewhere. I often wondered about some I had seen. Lots of wood, very heavy, hardware in place but destroyed by students. While it looked terrible, surely they could be saved with a plane and some TLC. However, I never dared...

Latest posts

Back