Cyclone Flat Pack Kits now finalised & ready for production

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chems":2icvkrcu said:
That looks great Jason, I love your drum art!

Thanks, if you haven't already guessed the drum was previously used to transport honey, it smelt good!

Jason

I think that will be too big for my workshop. It seemed smaller in the photo ..... or maybe just wishful thinking on my part. I want to be able to slide mine under my DeWalt chop saw stand when emptying. The fibre board ones that Chems put the link to are about the right height but I would like a larger diameter to increase the volume it would hold. Also not sure if they would be strong enough.

I'll be interested to see what others use as they assemble their cyclones.

Charlie Woody":f7f1yu96 said:
Jason

I think that will be too big for my workshop. It seemed smaller in the photo ..... or maybe just wishful thinking on my part. I want to be able to slide mine under my DeWalt chop saw stand when emptying. The fibre board ones that Chems put the link to are about the right height but I would like a larger diameter to increase the volume it would hold. Also not sure if they would be strong enough.

I'll be interested to see what others use as they assemble their cyclones.

Including the cyclone the setup is 1700mm high and 600mm in diameter.

Any idea when you'll be re-opening for more orders? I'm a little late to the party and I want to get in on it :)

Yeah I think we are defo going to do another had a lot of request over the last few weeks. Can't say for sure what date, want to wait for any feedback from the first batch and adjust. Also we are looking at alternative packaging and a different method of supplying glue. What I can say is another run before Christmas.

Thanks Chems... Received mine yesterday. It was delivered earlier in the week but we were away. Nice of the courier (Yodel) to sling it over the fence and split the box open. No card left. Only found out when checking the web tracking and it said "Parcel Delivered CUSTOMER" so I went looking. Most couriers leave my parcels with a neighbour. The contents was all over the floor, wet and covered leafs ! All there though and undamaged.

This is the 5th delivery I have received using the courier Yodel and not one good experience to date.. Cowboys. They seam as bad as HDNL/City Link or maybe ever worse if that's possible !

Will be gluing it up this weekend. Looking forward to it....

Ta,
Sam

Morning Chems,

Finally got mine glued together this morning, very easy assembly :D
The good thing was I've finally found a use for the hopeless Triton dust collector :D .
Can thourghly recomend your cyclone to others who are thinking of participating in the next production run.

Attachments

• triton.jpg
    triton.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 73
Great news Chems I'll keep an eye out on your website, I'm after two of them.

Will be very interested to see the feed back from the others too.

white_sw":16pl8sa1 said:
Thanks Chems... Received mine yesterday. It was delivered e
arlier in the week but we were away. Nice of the courier (Yodel) to sling it over the fence and split the box open. No card left. Only found out when checking the web tracking and it said "Parcel Delivered CUSTOMER" so I went looking. Most couriers leave my parcels with a neighbour. The contents was all over the floor, wet and covered leafs ! All there though and undamaged.

This is the 5th delivery I have received using the courier Yodel and not one good experience to date.. Cowboys. They seam as bad as HDNL/City Link or maybe ever worse if that's possible !

Will be gluing it up this weekend. Looking forward to it....

Ta,
Sam

That's a real shame, I'm glad the contents were OK. I thought yodel were OK based on my experience so that's why I used them. However the European ones were sent with ups I thought they were really good so may use them for everything next time.

Kieran, looks great, glad to see your all putting them together no trouble.

I've had consistently good results from Hermes for sending, receiving and requesting a collection from say an ebay seller as my expense.
They tend to employ part timers working out of their own vehicles to do the domestic rounds and that seems to attract a better service attitude.
They seem to work out slightly cheaper when the arrangements are made through Parcel2Go for some reason. Not sure if that still is true for multiple parcel pick up
Bob

Wouldn't use Hermes. I think its a bad company image. Had a Hermes delivery on Thurs this scruffy taxi driver came to the door doesn't say hello, points to his feet were I have to pick up my parcel, shoves the device in my face then walks off without a word. I don't want such people being the face of my company at your door. One thing I've always liked about axminster is the high class delivery you get. I think on reflection with yodel feedback I may use UPS totally.

Maybe I'm lucky. A very friendly lady does our round. Always calls around 8.30 am and leaves stuff with neighbours if I'm not in.
Could not be a more pleasant experience!

I guess it all depends on the individual with all these services.

Bob

I'm also having problems with Yodel, they left a card on Thursday stating that a signature was required so I re-arranged the delivery for Friday and left a message stuck to the front door asking them to leave the parcel with a neighbour. Same again, just a card with a tick next to the signature required box. Their website doesn't allow you to give delivery instructions/alternate address, so what more can I do??

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will try again on Monday.

One thing I liked about Yodel was that I was able to ring the depot of something I'd sent out via an ebay sale and give them instructions to leave it with somebody else.

Your is at the depot in Llanelli according to the track. And I think you will be able to get hold of them via these details:

01554 777877
Unit 10 Dafen Industrial Estate Dafen, Llanelli, Dyfed SA14 8QW

Interesting to see the old problem of courier firms raising it's head again. Anyone know the outcome of the survey Axminster did a while back after complaints when they tried a new company? For what it's worth I had to call Yodel back to get my delivery and could only use their automated system. They're not my favourite firm as they seem to treat packages more roughly than others and true to form my package was only just holding together with most of the brown tape having lost contact with the cardboard. Thought they might have improved from HDN days. Think it's all there still though; must unpack it this week but been busy with aged parents who are both ill. Hermes is a swear word round here, left a parcel of books inside my gate in a rainstorm (and I've a porch they could have been left in). Package found by my Royal Mail postie (a good bloke) and brought up to the house. Fortunately the books dried out reasonably well after a day on top of the radiator but a close thing.

Tony Comber

Back