Creusen Professional Grinder/Polisher?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardTarget

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase either a Creusen DS8200T Professional Grinder or the Creusen DPC8200T Professional Polisher. I have looked at the details of both and the motor looks to be the same? Am I right in thinking that I can buy either model and buy seperate fittings so that I can use either to both grind and polish rather than buy both?

Creusen DS8200T Professional Grinder - 230v http://www.axminster.co.uk/creusen-creu ... rod823677/

Creusen DPC8200T Professional Polisher - 230V http://www.axminster.co.uk/creusen-creu ... rod365363/

I suspect buying 'the spares' would cost nearly as much as a complete machine.

Never the less I personally would not recommend the regular disturbance of the grinding wheels to fit the mop mandrels, assuming they are made just to screw onto a standard wheel shaft.

Grinding wheels are not things to treat lightly for safety reasons and should be disturbed as little as possible once mounted and balanced.

Removing & Refitting would more than likely require truing & rebalancing each time & could take an hour or more to do in a controlled fashion with due regard to wheel safety.

It appears that those two machines have different designs of spindle, one short for fitting grinding wheels, the other longer for polishing mops.

The 'ideal' answer would be to buy one of each and use each for it's intended purpose and no other. The 'second best' idea would be to buy the grinder and seperate mop nose; but as CHJ says above, regularly disturbing and then refitting high-speed grinding wheels is not really good practice.

Creusen have a very good reputation; maybe buy the grinder (which will be significantly better than the budget models), and a seperate cheaper unit for polishing may be a way forward.

Thanks for the advice, I think I will buy the grinder now and the polisher at a later date. :D

Latest posts

Back