Craft fair at the weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadnerb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I think I have finally worked out how to upload pics so I would like to show you a pic of my table at a recent craft fair
Any pointers, comments and/or criticisms gratefully recieved
Regards
Brendan

Attachments

• Tullynally-1.jpg
    Tullynally-1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 1,095
Well done Brendan, looks very nice. I could spend a long time at your stall. =D>

I particularly like the Celtic crosses and the owl.

Regards Keith

All looks great to me - lots of variety! Wish I could have the time to produce in quantity like this. One day... one day...
Great work, keep it up!
:)

Looks like a decent set up to me, Brendan. Nice touch having a christmas tree shape to display the ornaments. I really like that celtic knot in front of the crosses, I'm going to grab the pattern and cut that.

Very nice Brendan. Yor stall is absolutely perfect in every way. It is well laid out, it is not to crowded and you have lots of height. It is the height that atracts the customers and it is regardless how big the hall is you will be seen from where ever people happen to be. On top of all that you have entered the festive spirit on the way you have decorated it and that goes down well with the customers. If I may make one comment. Red is by far the best colour for showing wood off to it's best and you have a lot of red on your display. I feel the main table would benefit from a red table cloth.

Thanks very much for all your comments, Martin, Keith and anyone who wants them , I have a number of celtic patterns if you what to send me your email i will send them to you.
Geoff, I agree about red being the best colour, that is something that I will be sorting out for the new year. You are right about the height, nearly all the stalls at the fairs I go to just use a table. I think that by putting a display up you are not only showing your stock at peoples eye level but you are increasing the amount of room you have to show your stock.
By the way, I have noticed that alot of the stall holders set up their stalls and then sit behind the stall with a book and a face like a wet fish. I'm not saying that I am a genius but I stand either to the side of my table or sometimes in front and I greet everyone who comes over to look at my stock. I find that if you talk to people, they will start asking questions about what you do, and then it is easier to sell.
There is a guy I have met at a few fairs who does pyrography and to be fair he is very good at it, but I noticed that he sits behind his stand either reading or playing with his phone even when customers are looking at his work. At the end of the last fair he came over to me and gave out about the crowd, the organizer and every one else because he had only one sale!!!
He is gifted at his chosen art but he couldn't sell buns in a famine
Regards
Brendan

You have got the right idea Brendan. You won't make sales sitting behind your stall and reading a book, we have some like that here. I am like you, when ever anyone approaches my stall I am standing by the side the the tables. It is very important to break the ice with customers and I start talking to them and then they feel at ease then, the ice has been broken and very often it ends with a sale. My stall is similar to yours and at times I have had up to four people waiting to be served, as they say in Tesco, every little helps.

Hi. I agree entirely about not sitting/reading behind the stall. I always try and engage with public. I have noticed that people attract people. If you are talking to potential clients other people become curious about what is on your stand. The chap next to me last weekend did not engage with people at all and his sales reflected his attitude.

Thanks Brendan for the kind offer but I gave up scrolling a couple of years ago when dust was causing me breathing problems. However I still love to see good quality scrolling work.

Regards Keith

Whoah . . . nice looking setup Brendan.

If I came across this at a craft fair I'd be there for ages. It's attractive, well laid out and bursting with 'buy me' appeal. This is a brilliant example of what can be achieved with a scroll saw and I hope it will encourage others to keep at it.

Very well done.

Barry

Hey Brendan , do you ever go to bed ,WOW THAT IS A GREAT DISPLAY ,hope to get down to one of your shows in the New Year .

Happy Christmas and New Year .

Back