couple of projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sooty

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont know if I should post here or general chat so here goes.
Hi Get bored just sitting around and I would like to get back into doing a little woodwork now and then
so I saw the doc and he said as long as I take precautions and know my limits I should be ok.

The first thing the wife made me buy was a powercap respirator.

The first thing I made was a old type Wheelbarrow Planter it came out pretty well took me a couple of
weeks but I felt fine.

Second was a Pergola type arch with a seat in it this again took about 2 weeks and felt ok.

Third we had had a quote for a slab patio which I thought was outrageous, so I ordered some wood to make
my own patio we had decided to make the patio twice as big as the one we had the quote for. The wood arrived and
I started to lay down the bearers (wish I hadn't sold my tools) went down to B&Q and bought a sliding mitre saw
(this helped a lot with laying the patio) nearly finished when we decided to incorperate a small fishpond integral
with the decking all together this project took weeks and was heavier work than I first thought it would be.

Although the project came in under the quote for the slabs it knackered me up and knocked me off my feet
for at least a month I won't take on somthing as big as that again.

Sorry about the length of the topic but just had to have a shout after all this time its a year this month
since they took me into hospital.

Thanks for looking
Phil

Hi Phil, dont do to much as you might have to go back in and wont have the time to do mor smaller projects, so take care

Learned my lesson doing the decking I will do smaller jobs now I want to make a couple of stocks for my airguns

Phil

Latest posts

Back