Coronet No 3 on ebay - bargain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll own up, I bought that. I've lurked on here for quite a while but this got me worrying if I had paid too much.

It has hadly been used and is in truly fantastic order. I don't think any of the tools have ever been sharpened and there were loads of other bits and pieces including a load of different burrs. I'm very pleased with the lathe as it really is as good as new, but now have far too many tools :lol:

I love the design of the coronet elf this replaces and couldn't face buying a far eastern model. I had thought of a Hegner or Silverdrive but couldn't really justify the cost. This seems to be a happy medium.

Welcome to the forum :D (and congratulations on your purchase)

Maia28":30ljqa0x said:
but now have far too many tools :lol:

Noooo - it's not possible :wink:

Andrew

Hi Maia28... welcome to the band of slippery slopers :!:

looking forward to some pics of the fruits of your purchase :wink:

Hi Maia28,

You could also upgrade that machine to variable speed at a later date. This makes a good lathe a great lathe.

LatheDuplicator.jpg

Welcome Maia28

I dont think you paid over the odds the 36" version of a CL3 go for about £300 you have a 48" version definitely UK made so will hold its price. They are a good lathe but you do need to ensure that you maintain the phosphor bronze bearing you should oil it with spindle oil regularly and ensure it is adjusted correctly. You also got a good selection of tools and accessories in with the purchase so good value IMO :D

Hi All, thanks for the welcome and advice.

I've been turning for around 18 months as a sort of therapy from normal everyday work. It soon became an obsession and I have spent far more than I would admit to my wife!

I'll post some pics later, including Sundays efforts on the new machine.

Andy

Maia28":1ln6873b said:
I have spent far more than I would admit to my wife!

You'll fit right in here then :wink:

Adam

Back