Record Power Discount for Lathe?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard49

Reaction score
I'm a retired toolmaker who enjoys working with wood and am looking for a lathe; either the Record Coronet Herald or (at a push) the Coronet Regent.

Been looking online for the price of these lathes and can't find a supplier giving a discount anywhere; they are all charging the full price as per the Record Power website.

Is that because Record Power would come down hard on any dealer offering a discount or ???

You can get discounts on other products/makes, depending on where you shop of course but not with Record Power!

Do you know of any supplier offering discounts on Record Power lathes?

Prices seem very consistent between dealerships. I bought a Herald for 899 list 979 in December part of a promotion which most people were doing. Looks like Snainton Woodworking are still advertising them at that price, with some good deals on chucks if ordered at the same time. I've used them before, both in person when in that area and online/phone orders. Delivery was excellent, arrived via a pallet courier 3 days after I ordered it together with a few other things I got at the same time.

It is my second lathe, had a DML 305, so far I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:
Be quick if you're considering ordering from Snainton's as they are shutting up shop for good or bad - soon. They have had some good deals on offer as they attempt to clear stock prior to closure. They're going to leave a huge gap when they go.

Yes, I ordered a few things online 3 weeks ago and was sad to see they are closing. I live a long way away but when we were in the area I enjoyed visits. In their favour they have been very clear and given good notice. It must have been a difficult decision for them.

Finding alternative suppliers of major items of 'kit' isn't too difficult but their self-select woodstore was magnificent and will be a great loss, along with their vast range of "stuff and things".

I called over to Snainton 3 weeks ago and bought a sharpening system, it was my first visit to the shop. I read on their website that they've decided to close it down and it's such a shame, is there anywhere else locally?

@Andy’s Shed there’s Turner’s Retreat near Doncaster which is about an hour from you.
Not as big as Snainton especially for blanks, etc unfortunately.
I was at Snainton this week - not much left and they’ll be a big loss to us.
I wish them all well as they’ve been a great place to visit.

I'm a retired toolmaker who enjoys working with wood and am looking for a lathe; either the Record Coronet Herald or (at a push) the Coronet Regent.

Been looking online for the price of these lathes and can't find a supplier giving a discount anywhere; they are all charging the full price as per the Record Power website.

Is that because Record Power would come down hard on any dealer offering a discount or ???

You can get discounts on other products/makes, depending on where you shop of course but not with Record Power!

Do you know of any supplier offering discounts on Record Power lathes?
I purchased a Record Power DML305 from www.dm-tools.co.uk, couldn't quite strech to the Coronet. They have the Wnter discount prices currently being offered from Record power (be quick as I think it ends 1st March). DM-Tools service was good, I got my lathe delivered with 3 days and the delivery driver was helpfull.

https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/Record-P...ncluding-SC2-Chuck-and-Delivery-Option/P23275

I purchased a Record Power DML305 from www.dm-tools.co.uk, couldn't quite strech to the Coronet. They have the Wnter discount prices currently being offered from Record power (be quick as I think it ends 1st March). DM-Tools service was good, I got my lathe delivered with 3 days and the delivery driver was helpfull.

https://www.dm-tools.co.uk/Record-P...ncluding-SC2-Chuck-and-Delivery-Option/P23275
Does their winter discount offer happen annually, or is this new for them?

Back