cordless screwdriver bits.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggy

Established Member
Reaction score
over the years since cordless drills i have used loads of different makes of driver bits. i suppose i have spent a small fortune on them.
the majority of them have been total rubbish, about 6 years ago whilst delivering to a place in watford, i came across a shop called simbles.
this shop was a woodworkers paradise. :D :D and i bought a couple of bits called wera, the 1/4 in hex jobs for driving in screws.
i have used these bits regularly since and now they have gone to the place in the sky. the best bits i have used.

question, what do you think are the best bits you have used.

I have some of the Wiha ones that Axminster sell. They seem pretty good but I haven't owned them long enough to compare with your old ones.

Cheers
Steve

I spent 10+ yrs as a site sparx, and it was a case of 'the early bird get's the worm', or in this case, the discarded half full boxes of screws that the dry-liners had walked away from. They were normally KNAUF branded. And each box had a PH2 bit in it, the type usually used in screwguns. They are rock hard, virtually unbreakable, and almost impervious to wear. I've still got a couple of dozen and don't expect to run out for years.

We also used to pick up the brand new discarded SDS bits (6, 7 & 8mm) that had been used only to puncture the seal on mastic tubes then tossed to the floor.

Roy

I have been using the Dura-bits from Wiha and find these the best. I have had the set for about 2 years and have only replaced the two pozi-2 bits in that time. They seem to last the best out of all the many bits I have tried and the set is a nice size with everything you will need with the great click-bit holder as well.

I also can recommend the Dewalt bits in tubs of 25. They last quite well and are only a few quid per tub. I have at tub each of pozi-2 and phillips-2 in my bag.

steve

Same here I always use Wera bits. I also have some of their impact driver bits (I forget the name of them) As I did break one or two of the 'normal' bits in my impact. :wink:

I've never used the Wera screwdriver bits but I found that the wickes titanium coated ones are good, even with an impact driver. I bought a pack of 15 50mm dewalt bits and broke 3 while trying to drive 1 not very long screw with my impact driver!

Wera impact all the way, the rest vary between OK to waste of money.
If you an impact driver user then stay away from the dewalt 'tic tac' boxes, they arent up to it and I'd even go so far to say a little bit iffy - especially when you are digging out the very sharp remains of the bit from the bit holder for the umpteenth time that morning.

I do a fair bit of driving into wood and steel of varying thickness and the wera last the longest hands down, if your in the market for some allen keys then have a look at the wera ones - I have found them to be very good quality.

Back