Cooksley P/T Service Needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockonehundred

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping there would be someone able to get to Hastings, East Sussex who knows a thing or two about the old Cooksley models? It's working just fine for the most part, but needs a bit of a service. I cannot get the planer beds absolutely level with each other, the feed roller isn't doing it's job and stock needs a nudge some times. The belt for the motor that drives the knife block needs replacing and it could do with a strip down and clean up. If anyone can help with this then pm, or post here to point me in the right directions. Thanks in advance..

Do you mean co planer for tables, If so then you might need to shim the table. You would do the outfeed table. Feeler gauges are good for using as shim stock. If wood is getting stuck when thicknessing then the tables might need a clean, if theres just a little rust it can affect it. Give them a good clean and a rub with some wax.
HTH

Thanks for the tips Wallace. Using feeler gauges is a great idea to level the beds.I think it still needs a service though and I simply don't have the time or knowledge to give it a thorough seeing to. In the mean time I'll follow your suggestions and thanks again. If there is someone in the area, or someone knows of someone, please holla...

Latest posts

Back