Concealed Hinges for inset face frame doors with an offset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Vastano

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Tried a search of the site but no real luck.

What I am trying to source is a Concealed Hinge with soft close that's designed for an inset door where the inset door is in a face frame which is offset on the inside.

I have looked in B & Q an they do this with some of their kitchen range the hinges look bog standard but the mounting Plate seems to be either extend or mounted on some sort of extension bracket, about 10mm deep

Where on earth in the UK do I get these? spent far too much time on the tinterweb trying to locate.

You can use a blind corner hinge - here. Bit of a fiddle to adjust but they worked well when I used them. Otherwise you could run a return off the face frame and mount a regular cranked (inset) hinge plate onto it.

HTH Pete

I used Hettich Sensys softclose hinges throughout for kitchen doors inset into faceframes. They also provide a range of base plates that will position the hinge accurately depending on the amount by which the faceframe overhangs the cabinet sides, which is the main problem. All the info you need here, .

Plenty of places sell these. Here for instance.

It doesn't make easy reading but they cater for overlay, half overlay and inset doors. You could order just 2 hinges and mounting plates to see whether they will do the job before you make a full order. If they don't fit, you can always return them within 7 days.

Back