Computer help required.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

My new computer is using windows vista previously I had xp pro.

I am having difficulty getting my utube video downloads (.flv files) to play in windows media centre.

What do I have to do to get this to work?

I am also a bit confused by the difference between windows media player and windows media centre. I also seem to have another media player something called DivX player pre installed on my new computer. Do I need all these different players?

This is the worst part of getting a new computer. It is pre loaded with stuff you just don't want, and a simple thing like getting a video to play doesn't work.

Arggggghhhhh. :x :x :x :roll:

Hope one of you computer whizz kids can help put me right.

Cheers, Tony.

You probably need to download some video codecs, just Google 'codecs' and the are quite a few packs available.

Not a vista user but how about
Right click the file you want to play and request open with.
If that works do it again and ask that the program always opens with.
I suspect that some other program has grabbed all your media files.

Not a Vista user so not sure why it doesn't play .flv files but as already mentioned it could be a codec problem, but another vote for VLC as a media player - it will play virtually all types of media files :D

VLC is the daddy of video playback. MS Media player pales in comparison. VLC also bundle the most popular codecs with each release, so if you donwload the latest version you should have everything you need to play .flv's and MP4's

Latest posts

Back