Competition Results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to the all of the entrants for taking the time to help us all learn with them. The quality of the work has been excellent.

Also thank you to the judges (Adam, Chris, Noel and Tony) who had the difficult job of marking each piece under four headings. The headings were as follows: -

1. The quality of the work prodiuced taking account of the entrant's skill level.

2. The curve.

3. Storage.

4. Did you like the piece?

Last, but not least, our thanks also go to Alf and Andy Boyd for donating the prizes. I would also like to confirm the rumour that Alf hasn't actually parted with any plane yet. :roll:

I will be in touch with the winners shortly about their prizes. (I'm off to Fakenham about now,so it won't be today).

All of the entrants did well but I must pay a special mention to StevieB, who came second on the judges score.

Taking all votes into account, in reverse order: -

3. Jorden. (Book)

2. Syntec4. (Book)

1. Johnboy. (Shoulder Plane)

Well done to everyone and thank you again for taking the time. It's been a real rollercoaster, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks
Neil

Newbie_Neil":5sz0wugb said:
Firstly, I would like to say a big thank you to the all of the entrants for taking the time to help us all learn with them.
Ditto that, although the high standard is going to make motivating folks for the next one a tough job! :lol:

Also thank you to the judges
Ditto again. Glad it wasn't me. 8-[]

I would also like to confirm the rumour that Alf hasn't actually parted with any plane yet. :roll:
What are you suggesting? [-( :p

Before there's any cry of "what about the other planes?" it's worth reminding everyone that it was a case of more entries = more prizes, remember? I thought it was borderline two planes myself, but as organiser it was Neil's decision as to what to do in the end.

I will be in touch with the winners shortly about their prizes. (I'm off to Fakenham about now,so it won't be today).
John, if you want to get the ball rolling a bit faster, drop me a PM with your choice of which of the three and your address.

All of the entrants did well but I must pay a special mention to StevieB, who came second on the judges score.
Ooo, just goes to show, doesn't it? We don't get to see the judge's results then... :whistle: :wink:

Heap big thanks to Neil for stepping into the breach and taking on this hellish job. Hopefully, if there's another comp in the future, someone new will have a go at tackling the task and give him a break.

Cheers, Alf

Many thanks to the judges and all who voted, I have enjoyed this competition very much. Congratulations should go not just to the winners but to all who took part because all the entries were of a very high standard.

Looking forward to the next competition - how about a Summer comp? :D

Dennis

Hi all

My apologies must go to MikeW, who volunteered to judge and missed out because I screwed up at the end. :oops:

Mike, I'm really sorry.

Cheers
Neil

Wow, I am a bit lost for words. When I finished the chest I was really pleased with it but never dreamt it would get so many votes.

A big thank you to Neil for all his hard work and to the judges and to the forum members for taking the time to review the entries and vote. An even bigger thank you to Alf and Andy for donating the prizes.

Roll on the next comp and lets have more entries next time.

John

ps PM on its way Alf.

Congratulations to all those who entered. I was really pleased to see how many people pushed the envelope in terms of the curvy stuff and techniques that were new to them. I am sure that their efforts will have encouraged others to be a little more adventurous in their future projects.

We have seen steam bending, cold laminating, veneering and inlay to name four of the things that can really help to lift work beyond the ordinary and all by people doing it for the first time.

Keep up the good work!

Johnboy, Syntec4, Jorden:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Congratulations! Very well done! And to evryone else involved, too, it's been an excellent little adventure.

Cheers
Steve

Congrtution to to the winners-and also to ALL who entered! Give yourselves a slap on the back :eek:ccasion5:
There were some cracking entries-I hope you all have learned new skills. And I look forward to seeing your next projects!
Cheers
Philly :D

Well done to the winners, Johnboy, Syntec & Jorden.

I certainly enjoyed the experience as I expect did everyone else.

Thanks again to the judges, Alf & Andy and to Neil.

Andy[/i]

A well doen to everyone who entered and in particular congratulations to those who won!

Scrit

Thank you to the organizers, I enjoyed taking part. I'm looking forward to the next one. Well done to everyone that entered something, they all deserve a prize.

It would be interesting to see what the judges thought about my entry so that I can improve next time. Did the judges vote affect the overall result in any way etc? I don't mind the comments being made public, possibly some of the other entrants would like the feedback too; although they should be allowed to view the comments privately if they prefer. I note that StevieB was voted second by the judges, but did not place in the top three, maybe he should have my prize???? :oops:

Anyway thanks again to Neil and the Mods.

Cheers
Lee.

Neil and Alf--no worries.

It was a great competition in concept and the way it was ran. All the entries were nice.

A big hand to all the people who entered and those who took the time to vote...

Take care, Mike

Yes well done to everyone, I think the result was spot on. I might even have a go myself the next time as I've finally got over 50 posts.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Neil

The work was all very good so congratulations to the winners and very well done to all of the entrants.

Big thanks to all the judges and especially to Neil who played a blinder!

Just wish I'd been at home long enough to enter.

Great stuff! Cheers! :D

Latest posts

Back