Compact dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm fed up with this set up and I'm thinking of using the wall mounted dust extractor just for the planer and thicknesser.
Bookcase012.jpg

Can anyone recommend a dust extractor that will sit underneath the out feed table that is not too expensive?

Cheers

Phil

Well my first thought for compact, would be the festool vacs, but they don't exactly fit into the cheap category. A henry would be too lightweight. Record do this

Which I guess would be perfect but not cheap either.

My setup is probably as cheap as you can get in a permanent setup.
As you can see in the pic I use the 63mm extraction kit from Axminster with extra pipes, joints connectors and clips as I required for each of my machines.
Easy to set up, I ran a pipe around the ceiling beams, with a down pipe for each machine. For each down pipe you need two blast gates. From the end of each down pipe I used their 63mm GP hose to each machine. If the machine had a different size outlet I just turned a reducer fastened with a jubilee clip.
I also use their cheapest dust collector the WV100p ( I confess I would like a bigger one) but this one is quite adequate and it does reside in a cupboard next to the RAS which makes it much quieter and out of the way.
I hope helps with ideas for your solution.

John. B

ShedEast.jpg

I use a couple of dust extractors.

I have 2x Record RX400 dustbin style extractors. They fit under my kit quite well. One is dedicated to my Felder combo. Only issue is that it needs emptying fairly often compared to the larger bags on the taller upright DC. The other is attached to my Bandsaw

I have an Earlex for power tools.

I'm thinking of adding a ceiling hung DC to get rid of any small particles as well.

Pros: Small DC, can be hidden,copes with high volumes of chips well, 4 inch pipes, lots of attachments available, fairly cheap, two power levels due to two motors

Cons: Noisy, a bit fiddley to empty, could be cheaper

regards

Alan

Back