Coming soon!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE It's alright for you, you're technically minded' UNQUOTE.
Heard that one before Bob?
I always used to reply, 'Yeah, I was born with a spanner in one hand and a Haynes manual in 'tother!' :lol:
I've just the great enjoyment of being told that I'm a fool 'cos I explained that a train of three gears, driver to driven with an idler in between has the same ratio as the driver to driven without the idler.
Some you can't help of course.

Roy.

Yup, Just a few times Roy!!

I'm sure I was born with a neutral brain like the rest of us but I have always wanted to find out how things work and that is the case today as much as at the age of 4 or so when I took my Mums alarm clock apart!

I'm convinced anyone can increase their knowledge on any topic and forums like this are a brilliant way to do it.

Bob

that is the case today as much as at the age of 4 or so when I took my Mums alarm clock apart!

Yep! I'm an engineer, I can't help it!
There's an old Chinese saying that I've been known to quote, 'Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach him to fish and feed him for a life time!'

Roy.

:lol:
The other one I get is the sarcastic, 'Is there anything you haven't done?',
till they need help of course.

Roy.

Good one, Bob - I felt so at home with the Dilbert cartoon!! I will enjoy passing that on to my engineer friends !!

Rob

9fingers":132qxpfs said:
I have always wanted to find out how things work and that is the case today
That describes me as well. I did a team building course, not in the wilds, only planning what to do if we had been in an air crash.
I think most of them would die very quickly, but with a little bit of ingenuity, survival was more than possible, my team got the best marks the trainer had ever seen.
The number of people who wanted me on their plane afterwards was embarrassing.

Back