Collection of 3d printing files relevant for woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For filament printing the Creality range are good value. The Ender 3 range is a good one to start with. There are new higher spec versions but I have an Ender 3 Pro with magnetic mat. Very good value.

However I also have a Prusa MKs3+ which is superb but approx 4x the price. Chalk and cheese. Both excellent value for what they do (or at least for me).

I don’t have a resin printer yet as I’m not sure how strong the resins are for non model playing use. With PLA I can make adaptors for workshop use and not worry too much about strength, ordinary resin appears to be very delicate, wonder for your Star Wars models, not so good for a cyclone adaptor for your CNC machine.

I’ve just ordered one of my designs to be done in tough resin to see how it fares.

Rob

Larger parts on larger machines might take 8 hours to print. I'm sure there are many instances of people setting off an overnight print run.....
Larger prints might take 80 hours 😀

Most of my prints are 4-5 hours as a minimum and 8-16 hours. I have one job that took 72 hours. I had to ensure that I started with a full roll of filament and watched it through the nights.

Worse than kids, at least they go to sleep eventually

Rob

If a 3D printer has been properly designed and CE/UKCA approved, there should be no more concern about fire risk than any other piece of equipment. The testers, if they have done their job properly, should have identified any risk of overheating and looked for a single failure which might cause a fire.
Not all 3D printers are approved.
Some printers have thermal monitoring and protection, the Prusa does. The Ender 3 I have, doesn’t. I watch it carefully 😱

The Ender 3 I have, doesn’t. I watch it carefully 😱
As a matter if interest. Is it CE/UKCA marked? I got my 3D printer as a gift, but was a bit disturbed to see it was not CE marked. Many manufacturers use all kinds of trickery to bypass the rules, they cheat.

As a matter if interest. Is it CE/UKCA marked? I got my 3D printer as a gift, but was a bit disturbed to see it was not CE marked. Many manufacturers use all kinds of trickery to bypass the rules, they cheat.
I assume not, I can't see anything to inidcate it is. Amazon is utterly useles at managing this/

Rob

I assume everybody knows about the China export symbol? I suppose it is just a coincidence they look similar.

ce-china-export-difference.png

I assume everybody knows about the China export symbol? I suppose it is just a coincidence they look similar.
:LOL: :LOL: Yes, it's a complete coincidence. One is an indication the product is safe, the other indicate's it's not. Cheating at it's best.

Here are some of the ones I've already published:

Dovetail saw jigs that guide the saw when cutting both the tails and the pins:

View attachment 140308

Link: Printables

Waste side jigs for track saws:

View attachment 140309

Link: Printables
To hopefully pull this thread on topic again, printed the saw guide above this week, and also ordered the magnets
https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B074C79DJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Did a few tests yesterday, and that works really well! It does rock left to right a little bit when sawing, might benefit from clamping (but I only used little infill on my print, so I do not think I'll be clamping this one or it'll get crushed). Keen on trying it out on a real project

Also made a 3d printed holder for spirit level vials I bought on Aliexpress a while back. I was struggling a bit on how to use these to make a level, but then I came across a project from Woodsmith which had a wooden adjustable holder for them, so I replicated that in CAD.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5503938

I have a cross-cut sled with a wide T-Track. I do have a bought flip-stop for the left and thought I might print one for the right side. My design means you can make a left-hand and/or right hand version. I've uploaded it to Thingiverse. Flip-Stop

Attachments

• P1080720.jpg
    P1080720.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1080723.jpg
    P1080723.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 0
Finally got a chance to print and test these pinch stick holders:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5515519
I used M4 inserts and knobs from Amazon
20220914_211807s.jpg
20220914_211832s.jpg

Works really well. Did need to plane down the wood sticks. I used meranti 4x26mm, and planed it down to 4x22 (I thought that was a dimension I could get pre-dimensioned lumber in, but not at the store near me).

This rotary tool normally hangs over the wood lathe but I want to use it over a workbench now and then so I printed some brackets to fit some round and square metal tubing that I salvaged from a gazebo we replaced a few years back. It's a work in progress though. I want to come up with a more convenient way of un-mounting the motor. It packs some welly so it needs to be sturdy.

I'm currently working on a solve for the insanse amount of dust that comes off the edge of a new sheet when you clean it up with my TS55. Just as a matter of interest while doing one I held a mug where the dust flies out and it was half full when I'd finished, and I missed a good bit of it.

My 3d printed masterpiece is on the way and results are promising from the prototypes so far!

I'm currently working on a solve for the insanse amount of dust that comes off the edge of a new sheet when you clean it up with my TS55. Just as a matter of interest while doing one I held a mug where the dust flies out and it was half full when I'd finished, and I missed a good bit of it.

My 3d printed masterpiece is on the way and results are promising from the prototypes so far!
I don't know if this might help with your design but there is an existing dust cover for two versions of the TS55 on Thingyverse. Festool TS55 tracksaw dustcover by Ladru
TS55 Dust Cover

I don't know if this might help with your design but there is an existing dust cover for two versions of the TS55 on Thingyverse. Festool TS55 tracksaw dustcover by Ladru
TS55 Dust Cover
Yeah those just cover the blade change hole. covering that up doesn't solve the issue of dust flying everywhere when you clean an edge up.

My solution is to use that hole and the suction that does still come from it to suck the dust up.

Latest posts

Back