clifton gloat, and a thank you

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shim20

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks to all who recomended the clifton no7 went and picked it up tonight (thanks to alex a chts) got home had a quick go on a piece and pine and there is a diffrenance between the stanleys and these seem easier to use and feel nice to i like the weight, but i will give it a proper testing at work tommorw,
Picture009-1.jpg

p.s white specs are pine dust

I was in Hadleigh yesterday at the cross-country race........if I'd have known you could have shown me what this was capable of. Remember, I am the ultimate plane-skeptic.....but I think I have a 60 or 80 year old equivalent of this on the way soon.

Mike

Mike Garnham":3sbwbr98 said:
I was in Hadleigh yesterday at the cross-country race........if I'd have known you could have shown me what this was capable of. Remember, I am the ultimate plane-skeptic.....but I think I have a 60 or 80 year old equivalent of this on the way soon.

Mike

hadleigh is an epic place :lol: , ill report back tommorw after a full days use at work, i didnt even know there was a cross-country race.

Good plane and even better gloat...Waka'll be having some competition soon :lol: :lol:
...and to Mike G, you really do need to try out some of these sorts of planes, we might yet convert you - Rob

Hi

Yes, its does look lovely straight out of the box. Made me want to go out to the garage and polish mine!

Yesterday I honed the blade with a very slight camber and microbevel using David Charlesworth's methods (800 and 6000 waterstones), finishing with his Ruler Trick .... it's cutting effortlessly.

Enjoy!

Les

I stood in Axminster’s old shop when they first came out – must be more than 10 years ago - with a Clifton 7 in one Hand and a L N No 7 in the other and, apart from a little weight difference, I’m buggered if I could see £100 between the two.

So, I bought one. Use it all the time. Great bit of kit. It'll see me out.

thanks for all the comments, gave it a proper using today and apart from having to ajust the frog back as the mouth kept getting blocked but after thats was all good. it seems to take shaving off with no effort long or end grain, great planes and recomend to anyone, also my boss had a look and he said this on is better balanced than a no5 and 6 cliftons and it dose fell very balanced.

Ironballs":glsf8ys9 said:
He didn't then remark that he must be paying you too much did he :D

no lol not this time as it was a bday present from a few members of the family, but when i do get new tools he dosent say it but you can see hes thinking it :lol: but need the tools to do the job

'tis a beautifully balanced plane. Ur boss obviously knows his onions.

Enjoy.

Cheers

Karl

Latest posts

Back