CL3/4 brass rod

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbud78

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got the original bass rod drift supplied with the CL3 or 4 that could let me know the sizes, have movement in the bearing which I need to nip up but after inspection the belt looks worn. Might end up changing the lot so would need the brass rod for the drift.

I really wish I could retrofit it all for the new sealed bearings and mt2 setup :lol:

Jim

Different lathe altogether, but I've just made two new ones for mine. The original was 9mm but I ran it over in the wheelchair and kinked it. I thought it was 8mm so bought 8mm BMS, which was fine as I did a short one for the tailstock, which wouldn't take 9mm. By the bye - the steel merchant also stocked cast iron? balls of different sizes which you can drill yourself (if you have pillar drill) and epoxy them on.

Mine's 10.0dia. x 140
Mild steel might mess up your nuts....err locking nuts.

Brass bearing is a bit messy but lasts forever if you oil regularly. I like mine. No rumbles or rattles and its over 20 years old.
Just changed my belt btw. Bought a 10 rib and cut into 2x5. Cost about 1/4 of Record's spare. From Bearing station or amazon.

With you on the 1 MT. New tailstock uses bigger bars so incompatible I presume. Might bore out my existing but its a bit skinny!

ATB Bob

Back