Circular saw blade storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something to house 2-3 10"/260mm blades and Google ain't coming up with much. Ideally, I'd like something portable and compact like a giant CD wallet. Any recommendations?

FWIW, I'd be stored in the house and blades swapped "not very often" (e.g. the aluminium blade is likely to get whipped out once a year). Ta!

Ta but it looks like the Festool one's been discontinued.

And thanks for the headache, sunnybob, I think I'll pass on that one :wink:

Edit: Found a Festool one sold on eBay for... £115 :shock: :| :roll:

That 20 quid acid trip dont look so bad now does it?
Theres lots on ebay, even flight case types. If I had more than two blades I'd buy one myself (but not in orange).

Yeah, I saw the Axi ones but they looked to be just for single blades and I'm wanting to keep them all together. Looking for the Festool one mentioned earlier took me to an Amazon listing which linked to a Makita one as an alternative. Info in it is very scarce but I found it on Toolden for £11 while other stores were asking £40+. It's on the way, so we'll see what it looks like on the inside...

That's given food for thought :)

I have an old slim exec brief case which could be pressed into use by making up some simple inserts.

Would serve a double purpose as the missus has asked many times why can't I throw away things like that. :wink:

Well, the Makita bag arrived... and it's just a single pocket #-o It's well enough made, but not quite what I was hoping for. Glad I didn't pay £40-50 quid for it!

^Will a blade not munch its way through them in no time? I guess that's going to be a problem with just about any storage mechanism though.

The Festool bag looked like the bee's knees... but they don't make them any more and I'm not paying £100 for one. Nope.

Woodriver do one similar to the Festo one, but it gets some less than stellar reviews (taking 15 minutes to get a 10" blade into it). Nu-uh.

My blades all still have their original packaging so me thinks I'll just use that and shove them in the Makita record bag.

2 mm ply, cut 25 mm bigger than the saw blade. put 25 mm x 4 mm of ply edging around it. Cut a piece of 2 mm ply the same hole size as the saw blade.
Insert blade.
Slap another piece of 2 mm ply across the front and hold it with string.
job done.
(No colours were harmed during the making of this box)

Maybe some day Bob. I've just spent the last few months rejigging the shed, making things to make things and only the other night proclaimed to the Better Half I'm now ready to start work on the bathroom... I value my life so I'd better do just that ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"start on the bathroom"
break a couple tiles, tell her you dont have the right tools and youve got two days free before she starts to question your work ethic.

Then you explain how your 40 quid a time saw blades are getting damaged because you dont have proper storage.
seriously, I'm a know nothing wood bodger and i could make those saw containers in an hour.
C'mon man, shape up or I'll revoke your man card.

I just use a piece of 20mm dowel to hang all my blades on stuck in the wall with a bit of ply in between them to stop any chipping to the teeth, this will be installed into one of my drawers in the bench saw base eventually.

Mike

this thread has just made me realise I now have THREE blades, and I now need to put up or shut up!
Before, i just hung the spare on a cup hook screwed into the side of the drawer base. Now I cant do that because of as above. So thats a project for this afternoon.

I'll have to postpone tiffin for a half hour.

sunnybob":3pcmk6id said:
"start on the bathroom"
break a couple tiles, tell her you dont have the right tools and youve got two days free before she starts to question your work ethic.

Then you explain how your 40 quid a time saw blades are getting damaged because you dont have proper storage.
seriously, I'm a know nothing wood bodger and i could make those saw containers in an hour.
C'mon man, shape up or I'll revoke your man card.

*grabs handbag*

Yeah, that'd work... except I've been fielding the "I need to make a xxxx jig / xxxx fence attachment / xxxx rack" line for some time now. My head is firmly in the "make-something dog damn it" space now and the blades (I found another 3 last night #-o) all store quite happily in my new... err... man-bag :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back