Christmas day woodworking, or is it just me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many people spent time in the shop xmas day?

• Yes, and got away with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but will pay dearly later.

• No :(

• Total voters

martlewis

Established Member
Reaction score
So just out of curiousity, how many of you managed to get some shop time in on Christmas day? The new tool belt and various hand tools that the misses bought me gave me the perfect excuse to "go put them away", took me about 3 hours to arrange them in the shop :lol: :roll:

No - but have had an enjoyable and relaxing day :D
Grand-daughter coming down tomorrow,so no chance then either - Still,spent some time in there at the weekend,and as I would normally have been at work today and tomorrow,then I've lost nothing (but still had two enjoyable days off work :wink: )

Andrew

As the LOML bought me a new toy, er I mean tool it would have been rude not to take it out to the shop and put it though its paces. 8)

While I was sharpening plane irons and chisels, LOML could start reading her very large book, also a Christmas present, so both of us where happy. :D

Me working in shop distracts our Samoyed, she will come out to the shop or sit on the grass watching me though the window instead of nagging to go out for a walk. :whistle:

I turned some rasp and file handles but swmbo is a cook in a care home so was at work in the morning. Not everbody gets the day off.

John

Dave,
A book I read recently pointed out that while we think of 'Taking the dog for a walk' they think of it as a 'hunting for food trip' :)

That finally explained to me why they get so excited :) At my age it's a bit of a chore and certainly nothing to get excited about :wink:

Sorry this might be 'off topic'

I did get one new toy but didn't go into the shop on Xmas day.

Does armchair woodworking count? I've been reading "A Guide to Hand Tools and Methods" by David Charlesworth which my two daughters bought me for Christmas. :D

Dave S

Back