Chisel sharpening Jig for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Woodcut Truegrind system for sale as in the photos :lol:

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

only used a couple of times

Selling for Boysie39 :p

Cost £85 when new

SELLING FOR £55 posted :lol:

duncanh - I'd be keen to hear from you when you've had a go with it.

I bought one new just a month ago :x otherwise I'd have been in the running for the Blister supermarket sweep as well.

I'm getting on ok with it, but have a few minor 'issues' which I'll keep to myself until you've had a go so as not to influence you!

Roy_H":u1l439mk said:
duncanh - I'd be keen to hear from you when you've had a go with it.

I bought one new just a month ago :x otherwise I'd have been in the running for the Blister supermarket sweep as well.

I'm getting on ok with it, but have a few minor 'issues' which I'll keep to myself until you've had a go so as not to influence you!

I fitted it this weekend and have used it a few times now. I actually already have the original Trugrind jig (I bought the second one to use on another grinder) and there are a few differences between the 2 - both good and bad. I put the new one in place of the old one so the heights and distances should be correct.

Improvements from the old system...
1) the tightening wheel which locks the tool in place has a much better profile and is easier to get a grip on.
2) the locking handle on the base piece is better than the old butterfly nut.

Worse bits...
1) the socket on the end of the base piece where the circular part of tool holder goes is now horizontal instead of angled forwards. This means that the circular end can sometimes slip out when the jig is rotated
2) there is some play in the base when the locking handle is loosened so move the base backwards and forwards. Some play is inevitable but the base can move up and down by as much as ~5mm each way.

The second fault can be eased by keeping a finger over the jig when it's in the socket or by building up the circle so that it's actually a sphere.

That's about it for now

Duncan

Thanks for the update Duncan. My version is the same as your latest one.

It's interesting that you find the tightening wheel easier to use, one of my minor complaints was that I found it difficult to tighten and undo. The earlier version must have been far worse from the sound of it!

I've heard others say that there is a risk of the jig slipping out of the socket now that it's horizontal. I've not had that happen yet though.

I too find the locking system on the base slide a bit dodgy. I find that I have to keep a firm hold in it when tightening, otherwise it can move backwards or forwards by a few mm.

On the whole though I reckon it's a very useful bit of kit :D :D - if a bit pricey (for those who buy it new... :( )

Latest posts

Back