Childs stable block

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieJ

Established Member
Reaction score
My daughter is obsessed by horses, and she kept pestering me to make somewhere for her to keep her toy horses.
So on a day when work was slack, I knocked this little stable block up for her. It made a change from doing oak frames! :lol:

dscf4013ko0.jpg

dscf4997kt1.jpg

dscf4987ny1.jpg

Great stuff. She looks really pleased with it.

When I was a kid I used to make garages for my toy cars and trucks and then park them all properly before I got sent to bed at night.

Will not be long before she id asking you to build a full size stable, buy
a horse and have riding lessons...Great job looks like you made one
happy girl smile ear to ear... :lol:

Yes that's what Dads are for, 10/10 that man, one very happy young lady.

Rich.

Thanks for all the positive replies. :D :D

I cheated and made them out of MDF! The one that doesn't have doors, was my first try and cock up. I put the router straight across the doorways! :cry:
I made them into a modular size, which made them very quick to make, and I have also kept the roof patterns as this was the only section that could cause delay in construction.
The corner unit has now evolved and contains a sliding section, for the foaling area! :roll: :lol:
The doors, whilst opening top and bottom, aren't really strong enough for continued use and abuse, so I may have to address that at some time.
I've also been pestered into making stables for my daughters friends as well, so the collection is building!

Nice present - much nice than some cheap plastic thing they get bored with so easily.

Eddie, it looks like you are on the road to wrack and ruin. I started out like that and now look at the problems I have created for myself :) Don't think I'll be able to sort out our stable so quickly.

Very nice piece of work and I'm not surprised you now have a queue of girls waiting for your next batch. I particularly like the loose box.
Andy

dscf6899.jpg

Latest posts

Back