Check out this table!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew. Anyone up for building one? Philly? :wink:

Adam

that is really is impressive. Two comments though - is it actually neccessary when you could just have an old fashioned leaf or something - your guests are never going to see you do that with it.

Secondly why does it have to be so ugly!!!

Matt,
I know that if I owned a table like that then my guests would be forced to watch me open and close it at least 6 times :lol:

Andu

Likewise - theres no way anybody who visited my house would not see it in action :lol: :lol:

I think the woodworking element would need to be extremely accurate, but I think its the mechanical element thats the star and would be tailor made.

Wow that is damn clever.

Having looked at some of the other clips it looks like there is some seriously clever spiral sliders underneath that, and on the others the rim seems to drop to support the table and rise at the last bit of the turn to meet the underside of the extended table. I doubt issac lord do that kit :)

G

Philly":2crwqs8w said:
Adam, got a feeling I'll be leaving this one to you :lol:

Aw, Philly, don't be a wimp. There's ten whole days before Christmas!

I reminds me of one Senior & Carmichael made a few years ago, £26K at the time IIRC.

What I find amazing is that is looks properly round when it is closed and also when it is open. I haven't worked out how they do that. Perhaps the rim makes up the difference between the faceted one and the truly round one?

I'll have my version in the mag by Pancake Day! :)

Steve Maskery":37a06xhx said:
Philly":37a06xhx said:
Adam, got a feeling I'll be leaving this one to you :lol:

Aw, Philly, don't be a wimp. There's ten whole days before Christmas!

I'll have my version in the mag by Pancake Day! :)

Good luck to you Sir! :lol:
A great design and the video is the icing on the cake!
Philly :D
Who's off to make something simple...... :lol:

Ok guys how about a compettition on how the mechanics of this thing works it is an amazing piece of engineering and has me totally perplexed! I am working on it though. :?

Latest posts

Back