Cheap Tools-and it shows.......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TX,
You'll change your mind when the Ferm puffins the job up for you! It works fine if you reference from the base but the fence is just too un-inspiring.
Waka,
Now your talking Man! When are you coming up?
cheers
Philly :D

Yes, Waka, get up there as soon as possible and show the boy what a proper BJ is!

Noel

Alf wrote about the Lamello
and the small biscuit option (can't recall if the Lamello does that or not?)

And Adam replied
It mentioneds 6 depth stops on the literatre - I think it does 0,10,20 max and S (small) - I have no idea what the other one might be. Certainly "Max" came in handy when I was trimming a piece off a skirting board.

Adam, The PC comes with a smaller diameter blade that allows the use of a biscuit that has a smaller radius. Allows the jointing of narrower bits.

John

Philly

I think I mentioned the 7 Nov before, but if you are around on the 31 Oct that will fit with me. All I need to do is get permission from HID's, not allowed out on my own in case I come back with more tools.

Waka

Taffy Turner":1o56j194 said:
Alf,

A minor point - what is a TPTB??? I've not come across that one before! :?

Taffy,

You need to bookmark this site

Every internet acroynm you'll ever need.

http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/

e.g.

WCUWTELANIGTKWTM
Who Came Up With Those Eleven Letter Acronyms, Nobody Is Going To Know What They Mean

ROTFLBTCASTCIIHO
Rolling On The Floor Biting The Carpet And Scaring The Cat If I Had One

HLOLARAWCHAWMP
Hysterically Laughing Out Loud And Rolling Around While Clapping Hands And Wetting My Pants
AAAAA
American Association Against Acronym Abuse

YHMOAU
You Have Messed One Acronym Up

Adam

Adam,

Thanks - got it!

There was me thinking it was somthing to do with The Person who pays The Bills....

Retires rapidly with fingers firmly in ears having lit the fuse........

Noel,
I certainly hope you mean "biscuit jointer" when you said BJ.
Slightly worried/slightly naughty,
Philly :wink:

Philly":3kfupd1x said:
Noel,
I certainly hope you mean "biscuit jointer" when you said BJ.
Slightly worried/slightly naughty,
Philly :wink:

Dang, I was going to comment on that but Miss Frampton (yeah yeah I seen that post :roll: ) said to remember this is a family show :eek:

Adam

Alf,
I was merely saying that "I hoped he meant biscuit jointer" as I am innocent in the ways of the acronym. Nothing more......... 8)
like you believe that....
P :D

Alf":25wwne62 said:
For gawd's sake, can you chaps not haul your minds out of the gutter for five minutes?! :roll:

Thats a question you should honestly never, ever ask.

Adam

Sorry Alf, but you've lost me here - why the fuss?, BJ = Biscuit Jointer doesn't it?

cheers

Ike :?:

Aaaarrrggghhh! Enough! Go and torment your SWMBOs instead; at least it's their own faults if they have to put up with you. :roll:

Tether, at the end of, Alf

At the risk of sounding like a pompous old twit - I prefer to think of it as chivalrous ("old twit" optional) let's remember that Alf is not only the only female contributor here (barring the very infrequent - these days - appearances of Gill) but also the one who probably does more than anyone to keep this forum a civilised place to enjoy the company of other woodworkers.

With 579 males ready to tease one female, I reckon the odds are just about even, given Alf's wit and intelligence but it is just not sporting, nor gentlemanly!

Well I've typed up, and discarded, a dozen different ways to respond to that displaying wit and intelligence (huh? :shock: ), but unfortunately my script writers have knocked off for the day and I'm too busy wondering if Chris' cloak is "dry clean only" in which case he probably shouldn't have put it across that puddle... Instead I shall confine myself to:

Thank you, Chris. You are a gentleman. Nay, a veritable Knight*. :D

Cheers, Alf

*I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist. I was trying to be serious and sincere too. :(

Chris
I agree (also prefering the chivalrous option; perhaps young pineapple for me), though I think you've got the odds wrong...
My money's on Alf any day :wink:

I very nearly had to turn the computer off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least avert mine eyes.......................

Alf, surely as a mod, you can demand that Philly surrenders
all his tools to UKW. These can then be shared among the members :D

TX

Alf":32mg88bx said:
Tether, at the end of, Alf

To make up ALF, I'll buy you a pint* at tools 2004.

*Can be amended to a pastie if you prefer, you being a foreigner and all. I couldn't help noticing you have all got the colours wrong on your St Georges cross's you seem to wave down there. :lol:

Back