• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cheap Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one just picked up 10, questioning if I should order some more, you can never have enough clamps

I'll let you know when I collect them tomorrow, they look heavier duty than the usual basic ones but I'll do comparison vs some irwins and other brands I have knocking about

the mediums in so far as I've had experience with then (just two) but good enough for some consistent pressure along a multi-species panel I'm making - I've gotten a dozen so far and all consistent in clamping pressure as far as I can tell. as in no mechanism fails (unlike the ones from B&Spew)

Good deal no denying that. I'll pass though, prefer the screw type of small F clamps.
I've never been satisfied about the amount of actual clamping pressure you get off one QR types.

@Tony Works Wood nice little channel you have there and definitely the most robust clamp design with the sash clamp heads but still simple & easy to make :)
What advantage does having the steel bar on top give?

Last edited:
Collected my first batch of them, they seem good enough, better than the work pro and other budget ones I've had in the past, more clamping force than the irwin standard quick grips but only Time will tell on durability.
I've had the head shear off on a few off brand and an irwin in the past and others with this screwed on plate for The mechanism cam past, but they were all being abused at the time and not being used for woodwork.
If you need a quick grip I would grab then while they are in stock,
Thank you pabs for Putting the post up or I wouldn't have seen them (i have have now purchased an obscene number of them but there appears to still be stock!!)

Latest posts

Back