• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parkside speed clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wasn't impressed by their speed clamps, had a pair of the larger ones, one broke with light use within a month (specifically the plastic surround of the mechanism cracked around the screw), I've had no problems with the lidl f clamps (nor the aldi ones, which are identical but in another colour)

I had a set and they have a good bite and don't slip when set (unlike the Wicks ones that were cheap a few years ago), however handles have a tendency to break if you try and exert too much clamping force. Use them for lighter weight jobs and sure they will be fine, try and clamp up an edge joint that is not quite fitting and using two hands to squeeze them and beware.

The small Irwin quick clamps are 2 for £10 in Wickes again, I know where I'd be going between the two options.
That's a great price. The quick clamps are head and shoulders better than the knockoffs, even if they don't have the grunt of larger heavier clamps.

The relatively light weight makes them great for working away from the workshop, as a comparable quantity of proper clamps would give you a hernia!

Back