Charnwood W629 - disassembly?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mowgli

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just won one of these saws on Ebay to replace my W19. Planning collection - does anyone know if the bottom stand can be easily unbolted? i.e. is the motor and drive etc all contained in the top unit, or does it protrude down into the lower cabinet?

Cheers!

Manual with exploded diagram can be found here if you haven't found it already Charnwood | Technical Help Documents for Charnwood Products
There are 4 m6 bolts securing the lower cabinet to the upper one, both of which can be disassembled further. The motor and drive is all one unit attached to cast iron table. Whole thing weighs about 110kg. They're powerful, accurate, once setup, quiet but the dust extraction is catastrophically, appallingly bad. You'll see when you take it apart.

Yes. From the inside. You'll need to tip it's on it's side to get access, with the cast iron top, that's a 2 man job.
It's all contained in the top unit.
I'd recommend taking off the sliding carriage and extension tables first for easier manoeuvres and to prevent damaging the less sturdy parts

Latest posts

Back