Charnwood Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galwayworker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been registered here for a while now and I have to say that I love the forum. For the past few months I have been messing around in my little 6 X 8 ft shed (not big enough to call it a shop!!) for the past few months getting it kitted out so I can start some woodworking. I was looking for some advice on my next major purchase…. A bench top bandsaw.
Due to my location in the west of Ireland, my choice of bandsaw is limited and so is my budget!!. Locally I can get a Charnwood W711 8” for €150 or get the bigger W715 10” for €220. I haven’t any experience with Charnwood machines and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of them?
Small second-hand machines are very hard to pick up over here and getting anything shipped from the UK is too expensive. So is the Charnwood the way to go?

Hi,

And welcome. I don't have any personal experience with Charnwood but it might be worth your while giving Stanley Raitt a ring or call in Donegal. He is a Record Power agent. Here's his details:

W. H. RAITT
MAIN STREET
STRANORLAR
CO. DONEGAL
Telephone: 0035374 9131028
http:
[email protected]

He is also having a show:

WH Raitt Show on 26 Nov 2010 - 27 Nov 2010
Description:
Record Power will be on hand to answer your questions and demonstrate many of the most popular products from our extensive range. Special show deals will be available on the day.

Good luck with your bandsaw quest, I'm still on mine but it looks like a Record400 after some contact with Stanley.

Brendan.

Cheers Brendan,
I was wondering who was the Record agent in Ireland. The BS250 looks like a good little machine, it just depends on the price in Ireland. How I wish we had Axminster over here..... :cry:

Back