New Charnwood drum sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the genmitsu? Have been looking at that myself
It's been fantastic, but I do run a dewalt router on it most of the time, unless it's delicate stuff needing more spindle control when I put original 300w back in.

I see now the have a version 2 out, with some interesting changes to it.

It's been fantastic, but I do run a dewalt router on it most of the time, unless it's delicate stuff needing more spindle control when I put original 300w back in.

I see now the have a version 2 out, with some interesting changes to it.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate your time.
That's some great positive feedback, helps those sitting on the fence 😆

From what you're saying I'm getting that the supplied motor isn't ideally suited for the hogging out, but more suited to the finishing, hence the use of your DeWalt. In your opinion, is the use of an additional router necessary or is it able to process Hardwoods (oake, Sapele & ash mainly)?

Thanks again

I've done a few trays, odd shaped bowls involving deep cuts etc. It's just easier and a lot quicker with the router upgrade. Doing delicate carving of reliefs, finer fretwork type cutouts, lettering etc the stock spindle copes well.

I just prefer the much faster speed rates achievable with the dewalt. You can really take advantage of the speed and feed rate the genmitsu can offer, with stock spindle you need more patience, it will still do the job, but bigger stuff it can take 6 times longer, even more if its really hard wood

I've done a few trays, odd shaped bowls involving deep cuts etc. It's just easier and a lot quicker with the router upgrade. Doing delicate carving of reliefs, finer fretwork type cutouts, lettering etc the stock spindle copes well.

I just prefer the much faster speed rates achievable with the dewalt. You can really take advantage of the speed and feed rate the genmitsu can offer, with stock spindle you need more patience, it will still do the job, but bigger stuff it can take 6 times longer, even more if its really hard wood
Ah rite, I see. I suppose the only sacrifice you have to make then is the manual turning on and off of the router. Sounds like a fair trade off to me 👍

Thanks again

Ah rite, I see. I suppose the only sacrifice you have to make then is the manual turning on and off of the router. Sounds like a fair trade off to me 👍

Thanks again
There's even a work around for that. You can use a signal switch relay, about £8, which will autostart and stop the dewalt. The only thing you can't do is vary the speed, that you have to do manual on the dewalt rotary switch. 😁

There's even a work around for that. You can use a signal switch relay, about £8, which will autostart and stop the dewalt. The only thing you can't do is vary the speed, that you have to do manual on the dewalt rotary switch. 😁
Even better! That's a one time adjustment really👌Any links for the relay switch? Happy to Google if you don't have one to hand tho 👍
Now all I gotta do is present my case to the ball and chain 😂

I am subscribed to his channel, lots of good cnc stuff, tutorials, help and hints. Checkout his review of the genmitsu version 2 just released.
Best of luck with Ball and Chain.

My SWMBO bought mine as a Santa's surprise 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Back