Changing passwords

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i need to change my password as i cant log in on my ipad because i cant remember what it is, however my desktop still logs me in automatically as it uses my last password, but because i cant remember what it was i cant change it because it needs to know, how strange, what now..

Mod Edit:- Check your account E-mail Shortly

Would be helpful if we knew whether you are using a Mac or PC and which version of the relevant operating system as they can vary.

Anyway assuming it is a Mac and you know your password then open Keychain Access, search for ipad and with a bit of luck it will be listed. Think you have to click on a padlock and re-enter your mac password to reveal the ipad password. If the iPad isn't there then I don't know what else to try. Ask over on the Apple Community forum perhaps.

I have so many different passwords, it was getting a bit of a problem. Then I found a software called 1Password. it stores all my passwords and confidential information, with all the various log ins. Now all I ever need is one password to open it up and it can then automatically log me into wherever I have selected. It can also make complex passwords that are almost unbreakable. My master password is made up of a sentence that I easily recall and I have made sure that the family know that sentence.

Easy peasy. Take a look if you want to. The software also links with iPhone and iPad, PC or Mac and once you enter a new log on, it automatically adds it to the other hardware you have.

Latest posts

Back