Centec Senior Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superunknown

Established Member
Reaction score
I have added this little beast to my routing collection this week and was wondering if anybody knows anything about it?

img4356l.jpg

img4357v.jpg

It was permanently used in a router table, at one time it had handles and also a fence of some description, although I would not want to use it as a hand held router as its very heavy.

It takes 1/4" and 3/8" collets but unfortunately the 3/8" one is broken.
18000 RMP/875W

An old power tool with a metal casing, no speed control and few safety features, bin maybe?

Aidan

Bin.....no way! I plan to carry on and use it permanently mounted in a router table for smaller work. Apart from speed control it has no less safety features than a newer router.

I quite agree, I used a Bosch pof500 in a table for edge moulding for years, that one will go on for long time. :D

Hi

saw on like that last week at the heathfield auction.

could you be a visitor??

Regards norman

norman":fir508f0 said:
Hi

saw on like that last week at the heathfield auction.

could you be a visitor??

Regards norman

No I was not there although I would have been interested if I had been. I love old tools/machines like these and I struggle to resist them.

Before I put this router to work I will strip it down, re-spray it and give it a good check over. I know where it came from and know its ownership history.

Was originally sold as the "Watford" router and taken over by Centec the engineering machinery folk at some time. I do remember seeing these mounted in a cast iron arm working as an overhead pin router at one firm I visited years back. They used them for routing-out the grooves to take lenses in plastic spectale frames.

Hi!
I just wanted to know if you still have the Centec router! I found one too, but I'm having some troubles as the collet is stuck...the nut moves, but the collet comes out only a few mm, and I can't extract it! It's a 3/8" collet, and I'd like to change it with a 1/2 or 1/4, but if I can't take it out there is not much to do...
THanks!
lorenzo

Latest posts

Back