CE Marking for doors and windows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hibbo

Reaction score
Hello can any one help with information about CE marking external doors and windows i don't know where to look and if it is compulsary.

As far as I know it is now a Legal requirement enforced by trading standards. For more information go to the BWF website.

Joinerysoft now has CE marking built into its software, although I have to admit not having got it set up yet. Nobody has ever asked for a CE mark, and actually have only been asked a couple of times about WER.

Custom made doors and windows are excempted from CE marking. The definition of custom made seems to be that they are made to order for a specific building.
Anyway I have decided to not comply with any CE markings. Paperwork costs and fees would drive me bankrupt and I find it more important to make a living than to keep the bureucrats happy. Furthermore the CE-making system that is introduced in Finland violates our constitution and goes agains several other laws. On top of that the rules are made to be impossible to follow even if someone wanted to.
So far customers seem to prefere good quality woodwork over good quality paperwork so I don't worry very much.

I would like to thank everyone for their knowledge on this one and will most probably kick it in to touch to much hassle

Back