can you help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboy682

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
l need a clock 1. 7/16” for a project of Steve Goods can any-body tell me the best place to get one and also a bit to drill it, l dont have a drill press so thinking of a hole cutter l think that is what they are called

I settle the clock mechanism in a hole cut with a No3 blade unless it suits the project to be cut on the lathe. There are adjustable flat bits which might be used, but I had one, and I'm sure it never cut a round hole in its puff! Or I might have misunderstood the original question.

Is that the clock diameter or the hole fitting diameter? Either way, there's plenty on ebay, just search for "clock inserts".
If it's a one off, to save buying a drill or hole cutter, mark the hole slightly smaller than finished size, 1/8" or a bit more, drill lots of holes on the line, then sand the hole to size. I suppose it depends if you are in a hurry or not. :)

edit: I knew I had a link hidden away somewhere. Try this place. http://www.clockmovements.co.uk/index2.htm

Latest posts

Back