Can the waves of the PC affect your brain?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlC

Established Member
Reaction score
Can the waves of a computer affect your brain/inteligence?
Cause it feels like it has been affecting my inteligence and imagination.
Can someone please answer this.
cheers

CarlC

eye've being sitton in frunt off mi computtar fur rges n' it aint dun me ny harm.

on a more serious note

it can really harm your eyes....the lenses turn oval and then dont focus any more :shock:

i speak from bitter experience here [-X

On a more serious note Carl, if you have a CRT (that is, TV-like, bulky) monitor, you might find that you can improve matters by increasing the refresh rate. The refresh rate is the amount of times per second the picture is drawn; if it is too low, you'll see flicker which for me at least does distract me and cause eyestrain.

Note: not all monitors can handle all refresh rates. If you set it too high, your monitor may be damaged, although recent Windows versions generally won't let you overdo it.

To check/change the refresh rate (AKA refresh frequency): right click the desktop, go to Properties-> Settings-> Advanced-> Monitor and it should be in a drop down list there (if I remember rightly). I find 85Hz works best for me.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Neil

I got advised to look away from the monitor every 20min and focus on something further away (supposed to be good for the EYES

And don't forget that normal household aluminium foil can be fashioned into protective headgear and underwear that will not only protect you from the potentially harmful control beams that Bill Gates channels through your computer, but will also help to hide you from the aliens that lurk in orbit with their rays and probes. Damn those probes.

Vormulac":1gk931dw said:
And don't forget that normal household aluminium foil can be fashioned into protective headgear and underwear that will not only protect you from the potentially harmful control beams that Bill Gates channels through your computer, but will also help to hide you from the aliens that lurk in orbit with their rays and probes. Damn those probes.

:lol: :lol: jocker :lol:

Carl, when doing anything related to woodworking - including using this forum - you should wear safety goggles - or didn't your tutor have time to tell you that on Friday? That is probably why your having problems with your eyes - e-dust and cyber chippings. Perhaps this was also why you failed your H&S test - next time go in wearing all the protective gear - hard hat / goggles / mask / ear defenders / riggers gloves / steelies / and a pair of bright orange overalls - you should pass with flying colours.

By the way - where are you actually doing your training - maybe one of us knows the place and could have a word with your tutor to make sure he gives you plenty of encouragement?

Cheers, Steve

Back