can anyone make?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riclepp

Established Member
Reaction score
I am after a three way bolt for a little stool i am making. I have looked on the net and can't find anything or it shows squirels and nuts.

It is for a three legged military stool, so quite smal.

If any one can help just pm me or if anyone knows where I can get them from just give me a shout.

Thanks in advance

I have an old wood working book that shows it cut from a flat plate and filed round, its a fair ammount of work.
Or a local metal fabricator should be able to weld one up from some bolts/studding.

Pete

Hi

Could you cut three pieces of studding to size, (easy enough with a hacksaw) and take them to a garage who could MIG them together?

I'd do it for you but the postage would cost more than getting it MIGed locally.

Regards Mick

If you can't weld, but don't mind a bit of drilling and tapping, you could drill and tap 3 sides of a big nut, and run in some pieces of studding.

BugBear

bugbear":3arz2atg said:
If you can't weld, but don't mind a bit of drilling and tapping, you could drill and tap 3 sides of a big nut, and run in some pieces of studding.

BugBear

...like this?

tribolt_img_8313.jpg

- from Chris Schwarz's blog, where there is a lot more on the subject of three legged stools.
http://blog.lostartpress.com/2014/01/08/make-your-own-tri-bolt-for-a-folding-stool/

Back