Calling a SIP 01332 Owner!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepBlue

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been after a "proper" cast iron table saw for a while now, and I've recently been toying with the idea of selling my current Scheppach TS2010 and sliding table (and lathe) and clearing some room for the SIP and a nice mitre gauge.

I was wondering is if someone could do me a favor and take some critical measurements for me? The thing I'm most worried about is getting it through the door - so what is the smallest dimension of the main body? Also, as it comes packed on the pallet, is it easy to remove the top to make it easier to move? Finally, what's the length of the extrusion that the fence clamps to? In the pictures it looks a lot longer than the tables.

Thanks muchly
-Tom

hi

I have the 01332 once unpacked it went through my single door to the workshop which is 2 6" without having to remove the top I placed the saw upside down on an old blanket and dragged it to where i wanted to assemble the machine which you have to do in the up side position anyway, it was no problem , the sliding rail is 1.5 m and it's not connected it comes in a separate box which you have to fit . hope this gets you started . hc

Cheers for that HC :D

Thats 1.5 meters for the rail at the front for the fence right? Not the rail for the sliding table?

I wasn't actually going to get the sliding table, I was thinking about getting an EB3 instead.

The biggest problem seems to be the width - does anyone use it with just one extension? I take it that the fence extrusion is all one piece? I'd rather not have to take a hacksaw to it!

Yes its all on piece.

I think if your buying this saw the main attraction is the huge area so to use it with only one table would be a bit wrong IMHO!

Its not that massive really in reality and its a good working surface for other bits. With wings attached to each side it measures 1170 and with out either wings on it measures 560, each wing is 305 wide.

Its worth saying that the rails are even longer than the beds and protude slightly over the ends to allow the fence to go out beyond the table slightly to get the max amount of cut.

hi

Yes it's the front rail , yes i use three beds as my beds came damaged and they didn't want the old one back , I have to find somewhere to get it finally mill to remove a gouge mark out of it as yet , with the third bed attached the rails don't protrude past the ends . still awaiting the forth bed to arrive unfortunately hc

head clansman":1al4h1pv said:
hi

Yes it's the front rail , yes i use three beds as my beds came damaged and they didn't want the old one back , I have to find somewhere to get it finally mill to remove a gouge mark out of it as yet , with the third bed attached the rails don't protrude past the ends . still awaiting the forth bed to arrive unfortunately hc

FOURTH BED! good god just how big is your workshop! :shock: :lol:

hi mailee

no no , I'm not going to have four beds on the saw , it's to replace one of the damaged beds, when it doe's arrive I'll take off the damaged one and use it somewhere else in the workshop probable let it into the top of an old bench for metal working purposes, that will then give me three perfect beds on my saw, one which will eventually have a router station milled into it . Then with the surface area of three beds when the saw is not in use wind down the blade and cover with piece of sheet board and i then use as an assemble area hc :wink: :D

Cut it down to the same size as the table.
With only one extension fitted you cannot cut an 8 X 4 sheet down the centre, but as that requires about 18 ft of clear space to handle, and I haven't got that, it is not a problem.

Roy.

Deeppurple, if you want to see one in the flesh I'm not too far away from you - my workshop is in Milford, near Godalming. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Steve

Old thread I know, but Digit, is it possible to use the cut-off end of the fence if you ever need to use the other extension? Obviously it'd be a pig to set up but just wondering, before I get the hacksaw out...

I take it you mean the front and rear fence rails? Yes it is, but you need some extra bolts and nuts to support them of course. If you have a chop saw use that to cut the rails, it's easier and quicker than a hacksaw.
The rack that the front of the fence is driven along is in sections so there was no need on mine to cut that.
HTH.

Roy.

Thanks for the fast response, that helps a lot, and yes, I meant the rails - doh! I think I'll put the whole thing up in situ and then see whether I need to take one table off or if I can just cut off the overhanging bit of rail - and then it's chop saw time. My garage is only 2.7m wide and full of bikes so something's got to give!

A bit wider than mine! :lol:
My machine is on casters so that I can move it around, it's the L/H extension I've left on mine and I have a router permanently mounted under it so that I can use the TS fence as a fence for the router. Saves valuable space and gives a good solid router table as well.

Roy.

You cut through the CI? Got any pics? I would like to make use of the fence for a router but was thinking I'd have to junk one of the tables to do it. Keeping the left table would make the most sense for my layout but I can't imagine ripping lefthanded. As I say, I might just get away with both tables if I cut off the fence rail overhang, and yes, I'll also fit a wheeled base.

I have removed the R/H extension, the L/H one overhangs the cabinet with sufficient space to install a router.
I posted some images a good time ago so hopefully they are in the archive under jigs and tips. I can't redo them as I haven't got my camera back.
I'll try and explain. If you look at the underside of the L/H extension you will see that it is webbed. I had those machined away so the router sits inthe centre in both directions.
In my case I removed the router base, plugged the two guide pillars, threaded them 6mm and drilled two holes in the TS extension, then bolted it into place with a clearence hole for the router cutters to pass through.
I carried out certain other steps to improve the set up which I can explain if you take this route.
HTH.

Roy.

Back