Cabinet lock suggestions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James555

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening,
I've made a storage cabinet for a member of the family and they want a lock installed. Nothing heavy, just to keep nosy people out.
The cabinet is pretty basic, 18mm MDF with overlay doors on soft close hinges. Think kitchen cabinet style.
I tried cam locks but got 180 degree ones by mistake, but they didn't strike me as the best option. Happy to be convinced otherwise though....
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Have a look at Toolstation online- search for cabinet locks , they have a reasonable range that should meet your requirements, if you can navigate Screwfix,s website they also have a similar range.

Have a look at Toolstation online- search for cabinet locks , they have a reasonable range that should meet your requirements, if you can navigate Screwfix,s website they also have a similar range.
Thanks but I have. Cam locks seem to be the way forward but theirs are 180 degree.
Bit of an out there suggestion and not that secure but how about mounting a couple of the child safety magnetic locks. Almost like a secret lock and would save drilling holes through your new cabinet 🤔

Examples here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dokon-Magn...locphy=9046286&hvtargid=pla-422678545836&th=1
Thanks but needs to be a lock and key setup.
Try Hafele, Cabinet locks. They always have good technical drawings as to how they fit.
Thanks I'm looking now......and losing the will to live!!

Back