Kitchen hinges, heavy duty

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im about to do a built in cupboard, the doors are to be 22mm caberwood pro mdf ( theres not much available at the moment down here ).
My question is, can anyone recommend reasonable overlay hinges? Im thinking the standard kitchen hinges might struggle with the weight, the depth will be ok, but a quick search showed some expensive heavy duty options! On balance, i should have got 18mm, but hey ho.
The largest door is just under 2m x 500mm wide, sloped top, but id like to avoid using 6 hinges 😆🤣
The doors are flat, going for minimalist look

Thank you

My wardrobe doors are 2.1 x 0.6 m, in MR 18mm mdf so the weight should be similar. They have 5 off standard BLUM hinges and are fine.

Colin

That’s a square metre of door, or ~15Kg in 18mm; 22mm would add 3Kg, so no big deal. I’d use at least 4 hinges on a 2000mm door just to keep everything in line TBH, so another 3Kg is neither here nor there. I use regular Blum 71B3550 - built-in soft close, cheap cruciform plate gives plenty of adjustment. 👍👍

They have 5 off standard BLUM hinges and are fine.
That’s a square metre of door, or ~15Kg in 18mm; 22mm would add 3Kg, so no big deal. I’d use at least 4 hinges on a 2000mm door just to keep everything in line TBH, so another 3Kg is neither here nor there. I use regular Blum 71B3550 - built-in soft close, cheap cruciform plate gives plenty of adjustment. 👍👍

Thank you both, im worrying about nothing then 🙃

Getting called back is never wanted!

Back