Cabinet lock suggestions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James555

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening,
I've made a storage cabinet for a member of the family and they want a lock installed. Nothing heavy, just to keep nosy people out.
The cabinet is pretty basic, 18mm MDF with overlay doors on soft close hinges. Think kitchen cabinet style.
I tried cam locks but got 180 degree ones by mistake, but they didn't strike me as the best option. Happy to be convinced otherwise though....
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Have a look at Toolstation online- search for cabinet locks , they have a reasonable range that should meet your requirements, if you can navigate Screwfix,s website they also have a similar range.

Have a look at Toolstation online- search for cabinet locks , they have a reasonable range that should meet your requirements, if you can navigate Screwfix,s website they also have a similar range.
Thanks but I have. Cam locks seem to be the way forward but theirs are 180 degree.
Bit of an out there suggestion and not that secure but how about mounting a couple of the child safety magnetic locks. Almost like a secret lock and would save drilling holes through your new cabinet 🤔

Examples here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dokon-Magn...locphy=9046286&hvtargid=pla-422678545836&th=1
Thanks but needs to be a lock and key setup.
Try Hafele, Cabinet locks. They always have good technical drawings as to how they fit.
Thanks I'm looking now......and losing the will to live!!

Latest posts

Back