Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Buying machines and 'stuff'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Gary H

Established Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get the 'woodshack' watertight in
Can anybody help. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any companies that will sell tools/machines etc. on finance deals or 'interest free' thingies as you would, say a car or a new telly.
Maybe i'm on my own but i would be quite happy to take on a 4 year finance option for a couple of grands worth of stuff to fill the workshop a bit especially as the good stuff is going to far outlast the length of the finance terms (something my cars have never really done :roll: ) and its not easy scraping £700 together for a decent P/T or table saw.

I never seem to see anyone that offers this kind of service unless you are a business customer - or maybe i just can't see the wood for the sawdust :?

If it is just me that is visually 'affected' in some way, then i apologise in advance and i'll go find a quiet corner someplace.....

Thanks

Gary

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Gary

IMHO you would be far better off getting a personal loan and then armed with cash you would get a good deal.

Cheers
Neil

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Gary, I'd agree with Neil. Unless you can find someone offering a 0% finance deal - and I have to say I've not seen any financing offers at all - some of the low-cost loans around would be your best bet.

Gary H

Established Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get the 'woodshack' watertight in
Thanks for the response folks.

As for the loan, i had to take one out not so long ago so thats not an option ATM sadly. :cry:

Gill, thanks i use the MSE website from time to time ( as well as listening to Radio 1. Martin Lewis is on there from time to time :))

Ah well.No luck it seems. Just a little strange that nobody offers this service....

Maybe there's a niche waiting to be filled :wink:.

Thanks again.

Gary

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally id advise against getting in debt over tools. Work out the money you would have borrowed, then work out the replayments... then use that money to buy yourself a new tool every month. Much better than getting into debt.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
WiZeR":1obw434n said:
Personally id advise against getting in debt over tools. Work out the money you would have borrowed, then work out the replayments... then use that money to buy yourself a new tool every month. Much better than getting into debt.
Good advice - I try to stick to a monthly budget.Also,have bought a few "cheaper" power tools (several from Aldi/Netto),seen which I actually use most,then upgrade those to better quality ones.

And space is also relevant - it's surprising how much you need to leave a table saw out all the time,for instance.

Andrew

Latest posts