Busy couple of weeks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

It's been a while since I last posted so I thought I'd do an update for anyone that's interested.

Well, on Oct 10th I got married!!! but the story begins a little before this.....

I had planned a nice relaxing week before my wedding, finish a few odds and ends, do a delivery of walking canes to my (best) customer and generally chill out. The best laid plans however!! A get a phone call less than 2 weeks before the big day: "Could you turn some Newel Posts for us? We're restoring a large house which has 2 staircases and I need 11 Newel Posts turning" well, not one to turn down business from a new customer I says "of course I can!" D'oh!!

Much hard work and several late nights later and I get them sent out. The customer is very happy with them. There is 11 in total, ranging in sizes from 1175mm upto 2750mm. Now my lathe can only take about 1m so all of them needed joining, can you spot the joins???

Newel%20Posts.jpg

Turned out of 70mm PAR Redwood Pine. Was nice quality timber and turned nicely.

Anyway, to add to the stress the future Mrs F wasn't feeling too well on the run up to the big day and with the dreaded Swine Flu in my mind I had images of having to cancel the whole thing!!! Ahhhh!!!

The day came though, she was feeling much better and I was surprisingly relaxed. The day was perfect and went really well. Unfortunatly no photos to show just yet but will post a couple when we get them.

Tuesday night we went down to Heathrow and caught a plane on Wednesday to New York for our honeymoon!! It was fantastic, here's a few piccy's for your viewing pleasure!!

PA160016.JPG

You know what that one is, right?

PA170051.JPG

Self explanitory

PA170047.JPG

Empire State building from a distance

PA170044.JPG

Chrysler Building from a distance, both are quite Art Deco but I much prefer the Chrysler!!

PA170041.JPG

See!!

Back to work now though.

I hope you enjoyed my little photo gallery,

Cheers,

Richard

Congrats Richard. Glad you had a good day. I'd love to visit New York one day.

Those spindles are perfect mate. I can't believe you finished them in time =D>

Absolutely fabulous (as they say) Richard. Many, many congratulations - on the wedding, although the newel posts are also worthy of praise :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

LW

Brilliant !

Congratulations ! - Must say your pics of your NY honymoon are better then Mine. We had a foot of snow, and zero visability from the Empire State.

( Couldn't find any tools during the 4 hour visit to Macy's either )

So next job are the spindles for the Cot then Richard ? ;-)

loz":an3hcvca said:
Brilliant !

Congratulations ! - Must say your pics of your NY honymoon are better then Mine. We had a foot of snow, and zero visability from the Empire State.

( Couldn't find any tools during the 4 hour visit to Macy's either )

So next job are the spindles for the Cot then Richard ? ;-)

4 Hours!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: My god!! Luckily Mrs F isn't too big on shopping so our visit was fairly brief to Macy's!!

Don't you start with the baby banter... I've been getting enough of that!! :wink:

Cheers,

Richard

Richard Findley":c5ixpn8r said:
Chrysler Building from a distance, both are quite Art Deco but I much prefer the Chrysler!!

Richard

I agree totally, one of my most favourite buildings from all of my travels.

And by night it's absolutely spectacular!! :D

Congratulations by the way..... :)

Congtarulations. I'm glad you enjoyed New York, a funny place that you either love or hate. I saw it in January so spent a lot of time shivering.

I won't mention baby rattles, teething rings, stair gates etc as I'm sure these are furthest from your mind.

Pete

Congrats to you both Richard, A long and healthy life to you both.

I have a hazy recollecation of 1 week in the Big Apple in 1998 which was not a good year for me. Ment to go back at a later stage but never got around to it. But I'm glad you both got to enjoy the experience.

I have since learned that there are some brillient woodturning places to go their.
Spindles look top class by the way. REgards Boysie.

Hi Richard,
Many congratulations, I hope you have a long and happy life together.
Best move I ever made getting married ( 'though occasionally I have to convince myself :wink: )

Newels look good as well!!

Malc :D

Back