British Woodworking magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenf

Established Member
Reaction score
When is the next issue due to arrive? It seems months since reading the last one!

I don't suppose my subscription has run out? Do they normally send out a renewal invitation?

I think it is due within the next week, it usually comes at the end of one month / beginning of the next.

Living Woods was the last one published and Nick Gibbs alternates that one with BW.

David

According to the previous issue, the next one should be hitting the shelves tomorrow! (You don't want to miss this one!! :whistle: 8))

Yes, when you're subscription is due for renewal, they do normally contact one issue in advance of the expiry. If in doubt, give Nick a shout! :wink:

Thank you, Steve, for drawing those cabriole legs! :D

Now, I won't be able to walk in to WHSmiths for at least two months... :oops: :wink:

I don't wish this to sound critical of Nick's work behind the camera (if anything, it was probably the lighting - Nick said he was struggling with that 'sheen' and it was too early in the morning for 'natural' light), but you cannot see clearly enough just how stunning the top is in the centre! I'll see if I can do another photo, later...

Thanks. :)

Olly, I'd be going in as many WH Smiths as I could physically get to and buying a copy. Obviously I'd take it to the prettiest checkout girl I could find :D

Well done on being a coverboy ;)

wizer":143ajuqv said:
Olly, I'd be going in as many WH Smiths as I could physically get to and buying a copy. Obviously I'd take it to the prettiest checkout girl I could find :D

Well done on being a coverboy ;)

i'd be hanging arround the magazine rack offering to autograph them ;)

my subscribd copy hasnt turned up yet but i'll give it a few days before going nuclear on nick as the post in our area is notoriosly rubbish

What did you think of Tom's copy of Martin's jewellery box?

I've not seen it in the flesh, but I know Tom enjoyed the challenge of making it. I've known Tom all my life, as his wife was my mum's cousin - they grew up together before the war. We always looked forward to them coming up as Uncle Tom could fix anything! I think he has a wooden clock next on his list.

Cheers
Steve

Got mine this morning...great to see Olly's piece so well covered by Nick. I'm going to have a good perusal tonight over a glass or three of vino colapso :wink: - Rob

Steve Maskery":263x5c16 said:
Uncle Tom could fix anything!

I had an uncle like that. Whenever we visited we'd return with some sort of toy that we observed being made in his shed. Perhaps another seed that got me into the malarkey.

Mine too - that table looks ace.
Very interesting issue, certainly going to make the blackboard and thinking hard about the doors (for Normandy!)
I'm looking forward to the article on hand sawing, planning to read that next.
Well done, Nick.

Back