British Woodworking magazine offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I am launching a new magazine this week (26th July), called British Woodworking. The launch issue has a feature about forums and particularly UKWorkshop.

If you can pay by PayPal, and email me by Sunday night, we are offering the launch issue for £3.20 (normal price £3.30) with no postage charge.

All you have to do is email me that you want to take us up on this offer and I will contact you through PayPal.

Thanks. I hope you enjoy British Woodworking.

Nick

PS Charley has given me permission to post this topic!

sounds good to me but i dont have a paypal account, i can get a mate to purchase on my behalf but before i do is there any other method of payment.

thanks

Nick Gibbs":1fz06fux said:
I am launching a new magazine this week (26th July), called British Woodworking. The launch issue has a feature about forums and particularly UKWorkshop.

If you can pay by PayPal, and email me by Sunday night, we are offering the launch issue for £3.20 (normal price £3.30) with no postage charge.

Is this a mis-print, if it isn't I wonder what I could buy with the money I would save,.... errrm ... I know half a pencil or maybe 5 buscuits. :lol:

senior":2iww8lzm said:
Nick Gibbs":2iww8lzm said:

Is this a mis-print, if it isn't I wonder what I could buy with the money I would save,.... errrm ... I know half a pencil or maybe 5 buscuits. :lol:
As much as that.

I think he meant £2.30 he got the numbers the wrong way round, or could it be £0.23 :lol:

Martin

No I did mean £3.20. You're right, a 10p saving does sound piffling, but it was meant as a gesture and small incentive while trying not to undervalue my product.

Happily forgiven! We magazine folk sometimes misunderstand the language/tone that 's used in forums, so apologies if I'm a bit over-sensitive.

Thanks for letting us know about the new venture Nick, looking forwards to the first copy, paypal details sent.

Cheers, Paul. :D

I'm confused. It's called British EDIT: Woodworking, yet your first issue features 'gadgets & Jig's from America and Candada - I find that a bit odd and not really 'on message' with the magazine title.

I will however buy the first issue to see if it's better than all the other (and IMO poor) wood related magazines.

Congratulations on your launch, i'm sure it's not an easy thing to do.

Hi Byron

An interesting point and I have a confession. The article looking at America and Canada didn't make it into the first issue. But not because we wouldn't put it there, but just because we ran out of time.

In fact, just because we call ourselves British Woodworking doesn't mean we can't have an eye out for what's going on around the world, just as the BBC does.

I hope you enjoy the first issue. If you'd like to buy a copy through PayPal I can easily organise that for the massively discounted price of £3.20!

Cheers

Nick

Byron Black wrote
It's called British Woodworker, yet your first issue features 'gadgets & Jig's from America and Candada
Still good to see what other woodworkers abroad,especially from the states and Canada do,and use.Just for ideas.
Paul.J.

Thanks, Paul. That's what we think at British Woodworking.

Nick

I can understand the appeal of whats going on in other parts of the globe - thats why I watch wood whisperer ,and belong to a number of other forums. But every other magazine features stuff from all over, so i can't see what makes this one any different/better than whats already out there - but as mentioned, i'll not pass a judgement until after i've read the first issue.

Thanks. I guess, to a certain degree, it depends how well that reporting is done. We may, or may not, have achieved it in the first issue, but certainly our aim is to produce a magazine with the highest calibre of writing anywhere. That, at least, is our aim.

By the way, how do you do a quote on a forum? Everyone else except me seems to know how they are inserted!!!!

Thanks

Nick

Is there any particular point in this magazine? USP? A niche of some sort?
10p off is not an incentive :lol: but I might consider accepting a free copy and could write an unbiased review in return.

cheers
Jacob

ByronBlack

I'm confused. It's called British EDIT: Woodworking, yet your first issue features 'gadgets & Jig's from America and Candada - I find that a bit odd and not really 'on message' with the magazine title.

Whats confusing about that. I would have thought that there are a great many "British Woodworkers" who use "Gadgets & Jigs" from the US and Canada, and I for one will be happy to see what is going on, on the other side of the pond.

ByronBlack,

I can understand the appeal of whats going on in other parts of the globe - thats why I watch wood whisperer ,and belong to a number of other forums. But every other magazine features stuff from all over, so i can't see what makes this one any different/better than whats already out there - but as mentioned, i'll not pass a judgement until after i've read the first issue.

So you are saying that just because other magazines do this sort of feature, British Woodworking should ignore it? They feature wood too, should they ignore that? If you read it properly they are asking if the best gadgets and jigs come from the US and Canada.

Nick good luck mate, I am sure British Woodworking will be an excellent magazine, and if it is I will be taking out a subscription.

Cheers

Mike

I think Byron is asking the same question as me in a roundabout way i.e what's the point of this magazine?
Hmm gadgets and jigs :lol: that's original, I just can't wait :roll:
Seriously though - if someone produced a magazine which entirely avoided gadgets, jigs and few other things I could suggest, they might be on to something interesting.

cheers
Jacob

Nick Gibbs":2cwbhgmx said:
By the way, how do you do a quote on a forum? Everyone else except me seems to know how they are inserted!!!!

Thanks

Nick
Nick, the way i do it is when replying i don't use the post reply, I click on the Quote icon in the top right hand corner of the message you want to reply to, then delete the text that you don't want to quote, but I don't know how to do several in one message as some peeps do :?

Go on quote me :lol:

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back