American Woodworker magazine for free

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just read a post about free magazines and it prompted me to post this.
You can download American Woodworker magazine, issues from 1985 to 2011 from this site:-

https://archive.org/details/americanwoodworker

I must have used a different site because I managed to download and save them as PDF files, so you may want to do a search and try the same thing.
I don't know if the downloads give you a complete set, but worth reading anyway.

Also you can download Today's Woodworker from 1989 to 1998, well at least I managed to. Again may be worth a surf to find them. The Today's Woodworker has, at the back of each magazine, a set of patterns for each project in that issue.

K

Archive.org also has a good few classic woodworking books worth downloading if anyone is visiting and wants to build up their library of older books on woodworking instruction.

There are too many to list but just to name a couple, Cabinetwork and Joinery, by Paul N. Hasluck and Manual Training, Elementary Woodwork, by George B. Kilbon. And if you're into traditional construction, Carpentry, by Ira Samuel Griffith.

google books also allows you to read most magazines from before 2000 as well as lots of books in their entirety as well as showing excerpts of everything since 2000

Back