Quantcast

British Hardwoods open day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

FatmanG

Established Member
Reaction score
Open day tomorrow at Keighley any one going to be there other than myself and a.n.other? I'm looking forward to my first proper wood yard visit.
Glenn

SMALMALEKI

Established Member
Reaction score
I just saw the Instagram post. Disappointed that it’s a bit late for planing a trip.

Blackswanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having a trip over but agree it doesn’t seem to have been heavily promoted ... looking on the bright side though it should mean less competition for the bargains!

FatmanG

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a great day at the open day. A huge thanks to forum member Marcros for going out of his way to pick me up and take me and a cracking bloke as well I had a good laugh. Now I have to make good use of what I bought.
Glenn

FatmanG

Established Member
Reaction score
Blackswanwood":f46vmnom said:
I am having a trip over but agree it doesn’t seem to have been heavily promoted ... looking on the bright side though it should mean less competition for the bargains!
It was heaving nevertheless.

BigMonka

Established Member
Reaction score
What sort of things were going on through the day? Did you get any photos?

ajcr27

Reaction score
Turners Retreat and Classic Hand Tools had stands with a selection from their shops, Hamilton Beaverstock selling bandsaw blades, a couple of woodturning clubs displaying and demonstrating, Blind Woodturner Chris Fisher was demonstrating (absolutely amazing guy) and then there were several crafty type stalls selling bits. British Hardwoods did fire up their massive bandsaw in the afternoon so got to see it in action cutting a tree trunk in slices.

marcros

(Trevanion)+1
Reaction score
I never took any pictures, I should have done. I did get some nice rippled ash which will be converted to a couple of mirror frames in the coming weeks.