Bri's projects.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mornin all,
To re-cap I've bought the dovetail jig thingybebob!
All is put on hold, til I get the wood from custard (can't thank u nuff pal!)
Once I get that n the jig I bet I'll be in a flap all right!!
So going to watch the series again from Paul Sellers...just to get as much info to sink in...that's going to be hard haha!!
I can only take so much info befor I get tired and need to rest!! Lol
But as yous guys say "take your time, taking slow and I should alright....fingers X'd
I'll get the link of the project that I'll be following...(not exact but some difference on the way!)
TBC....
ATB
Bri

Not so fast Bri! Dovetails may still be a possibility, I had a go cutting dovetails with one hand and it was easier than I thought. Just in case anyone in the future does a search for "One Handed Dovetails" I'll post the results as a new thread under the Hand Tool Section!

custard":1k0ibmug said:
Not so fast Bri! Dovetails may still be a possibility, I had a go cutting dovetails with one hand and it was easier than I thought. Just in case anyone in the future does a search for "One Handed Dovetails" I'll post the results as a new thread under the Hand Tool Section!

ohhhhhhhhhh god!!!
the wood parcel just arrived and im in heaven....thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!
FullSizeRender.jpg

the grain is awesome m8.
I was shaking when I saw how much you gave to me!
im like a lil child at Xmas :lol:
tomorrow ill put the wood out in sequence and then take it from there m8.
questions will be a lot!
as I said ill not start till I get that jig and I can take it slow.
Great idea about doing a one handed thread.
mind it will be pics from me at every stage aswell pal.
just learning how to measure the joints and mark them.....calipers thingybobs ive got...but today the info isn't sinking in!!
Properly having a bad nites sleep doesn't help!
'Tails' 'pins' lol ill get there slowly...

Dovetail joints it is then..
TBC
ATB
Bri

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 553
Good luck with it mate, im like you and am new to all this so am watching your progress with interest.

Good selection of wood there mate. take your time and you will be fine.

Colin

technium":3cm7kl2k said:
Good luck with it mate, im like you and am new to all this so am watching your progress with interest.

Good selection of wood there mate. take your time and you will be fine.

Colin

Hi Colin,
No pressure then!! Haha!
I'm over the moon, tbh
I'm going to look on custards thread which he put on hand tools, and follow all the moves!!
Well when I get the magnetic jig I'll be happy!!
Of course stopping every time I get stuck to ask s question...
The last thing I don't want to do is rush it and assume I done it right!!
That's the problem with my 'condition' getting confused and I forget the info easy!! So I have rest as much iz I can,..like today wasn't up to practice in the man cave..so I just listened my book on my mobile and just snoozed!
Small steps I make..
Sometimes I think am doing the right decision for wood working, am I well nuff to do it! Could I succeed? All the doubt coming to me usually later on in the day!!
But a hobby is what I need and I've picked a awesome hobby and some emazing members on here.
ATB
Bri

Bri

Dont worry no one becomes an expert overnight, you know your limits, take your time over it, theres no rush and if you make a mistake who cares? you just start again. The only failure is not trying in the first place.

You can do it, you know you can and if not then theres plenty here that can help you.

technium":6j069rnr said:
Bri

Dont worry no one becomes an expert overnight, you know your limits, take your time over it, theres no rush and if you make a mistake who cares? you just start again. The only failure is not trying in the first place.

You can do it, you know you can and if not then theres plenty here that can help you.

That's is just boosted me tbh! The worse day for a long time came today, feeling tired, frustrated, confused for the ordeal this morning...
Angry coz I had to go for an mobilty assessment and seeing people that nowt with them..takes the 'P'
Anyways nuff of my story!! I'll get over it, if I'm successful so be it!!
Upwards n onwards!! Never get them me down.
Time n patients and listening to advice is the best option for me..
N if I'm not up to it or frustrated I will not do more work until I'm focus to crack on!!
One bonus the 1:8 jig n saw just arrived!!!
Happy as!!
ATB
Bri

OHHHHHHH YEAHHHH!!!
FullSizeRender.jpg

NEARLY READY CUSTARD!! LOL. :wink:
ATB
Bri

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 517
Nearly ready to begin...
just going to wait for a better marking gauge coming (roller guage type thingy!)
but for now practice on spare wood...
ATB
Bri

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 646
Morning all,
I've manage to collect some tools...didn't tell our lass haha!
Good has it! That Mick (spmick) is willing for me to visit his workshop and meet him early next week!
And as I suffer from lack of retention of info upload mick is willing to coach me on the stages.
That's what I feel I need, if I can get choach first I'll pick it up easier....then hopefully I will retain it.
I can get tired and the info just dissapears somewhere in my tiny head haha!
Mind one thing the fascination of planes and especially ones could get hold on me!!!
So today I'm just trying to mark and cut pins on a spare wood...n that's it!! One at a time...repeat it
Keeps me happy!
ATB
Bri

Apart from looking at some way to make life easier I.e. Jigs etc., this beauty cought my eye! RWW 130 concept fretsaw!
)on custards thread!! Hmmmm!! I've got two coping saws that just about make it! But I feel a new toy is in order!
Any suggestions on the RRW 130 set up and the blades?
Sorry I should put that question somewhere else, but if it here it's easier to navigate around the forum..for me anyway!
ATB
Bri

Am I confusing myself???
Doubt come on quickly!
what you think?
6mm joints.
ATB
Bri

Attachments

• joint 2.jpg
    joint 2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 601
OMG!! Just stop n think a minute!!! :oops:
Is the centre cut wrong!!!
:roll:
Apart that mistake...my sawing the half joins flush are rubbish!!
Using the jig is good cutting the angles are great..
Ohhh!! Well round two!
ATB
Bri
P.s. You'll log in and think "wth is Brian doing now?"
Are words to that affect!
ATB
Bri

going to try my new wheel gauge...might get better luck with that :lol:
ATB
Bri

Attachments

• uyggju.jpg
    uyggju.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 595
Think this better!
I enjoyed doing it! chisel out much better.
ATB
Bri

that's nuff for today..

Attachments

• good joint2.jpg
    good joint2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 592

Latest posts

Back