Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will it be as successful as Trump making America Great Again?
I dont have a crystsl ball so I don't know. But certainly whining won't achieve a thing. Except convince weak minds that dragging evéyone down to one level is the way to go.
John

Actually I don't have a passport any more.

And Nil illegitimi carborundum deorsum pronus... )
My latin is pigeon latin, but I figure you will get my drift.

Britain... = Nillus Secundus.

John

England, Scotland, and Wales are on the island of Great Britain. There is no geographical place called Britain. 👍

classic one upmanship going on here..............................

I dont have a crystsl ball so I don't know. But certainly whining won't achieve a thing. Except convince weak minds that dragging evéyone down to one level is the way to go.
John

Please dont conflate debating with moaning or whining.

Leaving the Single Market has created very significant trade barriers which will have a damaging impact on UK business for many many years.

Why are you scared of this being discussed......perhaps you don't want Brexit reality being scrutinised.

Could you give an example, I couldn't.
I could do 10% example, but I could do that every January.

I could also give examples of delays in products, but this started back in sept /oct, mainly due to demand and lockdown closure of factories in Europe. I overcome this by adding to the panic by spending about £20k on hardware stock.

Reddiseals

Reddiseals
I'm not familiar with this product as I'm furniture.
However I get it, but to really affect you can I suggest it has to be bigger value products. I'd be annoyed if mag catches doubled but it wouldn't stop me making a reasonable profit.
If your glass doubles or if my timber doubled then I'd get your point.
Even then, I go back to my original point that I don't think anyone in this industry should be moaning when you look at the bigger picture.

You should be OK in your business Bob. I assume the City taking a big hit would not be good for customers, but it is not clear what will happen there. Otherwise, it is just about some inputs which are imported via wholesalers. As you say, might see some price rises but they should be limited given no tariffs and the type of goods.

It's a lot more complicated for lots of other types of business.

You should be OK in your business Bob. I assume the City taking a big hit would not be good for customers, but it is not clear what will happen there. Otherwise, it is just about some inputs which are imported via wholesalers. As you say, might see some price rises but they should be limited given no tariffs and the type of goods.

Well not according to posters on here. Someone mentioned how all joinery products will go mental and gave a long list of european suppliers, another joiner reckons it's stopping his profit. Not sure what your opinion is now Jake.

I'm just giving an honest opinion rather than taking a side.

I was agreeing with you Bob, if that is allowed. I think a fairly straightforward domestic business like yours which only needs to rely on some straightforward EU goods as inputs should not be affected too much.

Please dont conflate debating with moaning or whining.

Leaving the Single Market has created very significant trade barriers which will have a damaging impact on UK business for many many years.

Why are you scared of this being discussed......perhaps you don't want Brexit reality being . I

am scared of my heart giving up and that's about all. But in that instance I won't know that much sb
Yes Benchwayze, you are mistaken. We live on the Bristish Ilses, in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Britain is specifically England, Scotland and Wales only, even says so on passports regardless of colour
Includes Eire. Strange eh? You are talking geographically. Subtle difference to me.

The Brexit opposition had a real opportunity in 2019, and may have got a second referendum. Politics got in the way and they screwed it up.

The Labour Party lost 3 elections since 2011. Not because the Tories adopted fantastic policies all effectively implemented. They lost as they had neither the policies, leadership or credibility to succeed.

The dominant Remainer strategy (of which I was one) was complacency from 2013 when Cameron promised the referendum. Believing arguments based on logic and fact would win the day was mistaken.

However upsetting or disruptive, it has happened. Put energy into making it work, not futile anger at what might have been.

Losers in a democratic debate need to take as much responsibility for the outcome as the winners.

It is debating rather than moaning.

I hate to say this but it does rather seem that people would like all the Brexit problems to be brushed under the carpet.

Don't presume to read my thoughts Robin.

To paraphrase Morgan Freeman In Shawshank Redemption . Get busy working or get busy folding up.
You are British? Well live with it and get behind the rest. No More from me.

Fair enough. I have heard that before. But Noel was implying that I didn't care about certain other parts of these Isles. That was not so. You can argue the point if you wish. I won't... Britain is the UK for all practical purposes. To win your point, you think otherwise. Okay I bow to your superior knowledge, oh wise one. But the UK is Britain to most of us. And it's the Britain I care about.
Includes Eire. Strange eh? You are talking geographically. Subtle difference to me.
Fair enough. I have heard that before. But Noel was implying that I didn't care about certain other parts of these Isles. That was not so. You can argue the point if you wish. I won't... Britain is the UK for all practical purposes. To win your point, you think otherwise. Okay I bow to your superior knowledge, oh wise one. But the UK is Britain to most of us. And it's the Britain I care about.

Didn’t mean to imply you didn’t care John but, as said by others, you are mistaken ref Britain/UK.

Regarding your other post: Eire? Do you speak Gaelic : )

We are at the zenith of the distance of our relationship with the EU, there will be a gradual drift back as we negotiate the rest of the relationship. My guess is that culminates in some form of joining again within a few decades.

We are at the zenith of the distance of our relationship with the EU, there will be a gradual drift back as we negotiate the rest of the relationship. My guess is that culminates in some form of joining again within a few decades.

or the EU collapses completely as more countries leave, just another guess.

I'm not familiar with this product as I'm furniture.
However I get it, but to really affect you can I suggest it has to be bigger value products. I'd be annoyed if mag catches doubled but it wouldn't stop me making a reasonable profit.
If your glass doubles or if my timber doubled then I'd get your point.
Even then, I go back to my original point that I don't think anyone in this industry should be moaning when you look at the bigger picture.

Just one example - in November casement stays were £2.86 + Vat. Today they are £4.69 and only one example. We are only a small business & we spend nearly a grand a month with Reddiseals, Price increase for that company alone would be the equivalent of buying a new business van.

It’s not to be scoffed at and paying attention to the small things is what creates the bigger picture. That’s what running a business is. I don’t believe we have had anywhere near the full extent of price rises yet. Timber and glass will come too that’s for sure.

Louis

or the EU collapses completely as more countries leave, just another guess.

Very unlikely indeed. Especially now they've seen where exiting gets you. Even the neo-fash populists are more now talking reform not exit. Brexiter pipedream. Euro has issues but that's not essential (as we showed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back