Breakfast!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most weekdays, microwaved tomatoes or flat mushrooms on toast.
I t was a revelation to me how good microwaved mushrooms are, people seem to assume that they need to be fried or at least have oil or butter added, but they're delicious naked.
Saturdays I like a big piece of undyed smoked Haddock with a poached egg(or two). Sunday maybe bacon or Porky White's sausages and eggs.

nathandavies":3qeetyw3 said:
2 strong coffees & 4 cigarettes

Ah - a true breakfast of champions! I trust the coffee is black, and the snouts smoked down to the nub?

Usually cereal during the week and toast at the weekend, but I'm starting back on the smoothies.
That's a mix of fruit blended to a pulp with water - today was banana, apple, pear, kiwi and a slice of melon.
Yummy and healthy :)

Sansbury's muesli £4 for two bags with normal milk (can't stand the thin stuff)

Pete

Racers":25rnntss said:

Pete

Two bags of muesli for breakfast sounds like it would take some supreme dedication - regardless of whether the milk was creamium or unleaded. :shock:

Pete - I have the same stuff from Sainsburies.

Apart from those mornings when I have scrambled eggs on toast (brown).

KevM":uygb325o said:
Racers":uygb325o said:

Pete

Two bags of muesli for breakfast sounds like it would take some supreme dedication - regardless of whether the milk was creamium or unleaded. :shock:

:D , my son would eat two bags but not to many raisins he picks them out and puts them back in the bag, so by the end its nearly all raisins which makes things a bit "windy"

Pete

During the week it's homemade muesli, ala Huge Furry-Marketstall (River Cottage) recipe, with full fat milk.

Saturday is anybodies guess (depends on what SWMBO fancys).

Sunday is a cooked breakfast; fried bread, poached eggs, bacon and beans. As a gout sufferer, I unfortunately don't eat mushrooms anymore. :(

Cheers

Oz

Phil

They are one of many "purine" foods that gout sufferers should avoid or only eat in moderation. Shame really, as used to love mushrooms, shellfish, liver and kidneys. I don't particularly miss cauliflower though.

35 odd years for me too, but I only found out about purine foods a few years ago.

Cheers

Oz

:) I'm 60, and I woke up with it for a 25th birthday present. I knew all about purines, but they've never really affected me much - I've taken allopurinol since then.

I went to my G.P. for something once and asked him if as I loved sardines I should eat loads because they were good for my high blood pressure, or give them up because they were bad for my gout. He just looked at me and said "Philip. Do what you like. Anything in moderation".

Same here with the age, but I manage to keep it under control without the dreaded allopurinol. I love sardines and mackerel too but they're on my "occasionals" list now.

Cheers

Oz

brakfast

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 432
Back