Boschmann ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Amazon's feedback:
Returned very dangerous tool. Faulty switch. Jumped from hammer mode to drill mode while in use,
Hurt my thumb
Pulled off my watch
Crashed into patio window leaving black mark
I am still unable to use my thumb properly
And
bought this tool to do some drilling and cutting out bricks,after drilling about 20 holes and cutting out 5 bricks this tool began to switch it self from breaker mode to drill mode!very lucky not to have broke my wrist!(also when you then try to get tool fixed topnotch4u do not want to know or help!)so my advice is steer well clear!waste of money
It's a bit odd that someone chooses to comment on this old thread as their first post, too...

phil.p":14wh2dpt said:
Well. He probably hasn't been there for nearly eleven years. :)

I was awake all of last night. One of these days I will train myself to check the dates on... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :mrgreen:

Holy Necroposter! :lol:

Anyway, I'm steering well clear of Dewaltlike and Makitaish stuff.

Paddy Roxburgh":b3h4240y said:
[t's a bit odd that someone chooses to comment on this old thread as their first post, too.../quote]

I thought that, kinda thing that someone with a van full of boschmann tools might do

It wasn't my first post, but the date slipped by me anyway; and I assure you Paddy, most of my tools are of a price that needs uplifted Insurance cover!
I get positively exited by bronze bits, and by green and black electrical tools. For my sins, of course! (hammer)

Hey Benchwayze, it wasn't you who reopened the thread, it was Jintyralph09 with his first post to say that bocshmann were "the tools for him", look at page one. My implication was that he might have a van full of boschmann tools to sell, of course I don't know that as I know nothing about him. No offence meant to your tool kit.
Paddy

Paddy Roxburgh":1dy8ous5 said:
Hey Benchways, it wasn't you who reopened the thread, it was Jintyralph09 with his first post to say that bocshmann were "the tools for him", look at page one. My implication was that he might have a van full of boschmann tools to sell, of course I don't know that as I know nothing about him. No offence meant to your tool kit.
Paddy

+1. I thought zackerly the same as Paddy.

Cheers chaps. No probs.
I confess that I do get annoyed with myself when I reopen an old thread by accident!
I think I might decide to give these tools a try... Stranger things have happened at sea!!

Ho! Ho! Ho! and a bottle of Tizer!

John :D

I bought a 24v Boschmann impact wrench AND a Orange chainsaw out of the back of a van in 2013 and both have been fine. I made sure the impact driver span and also tested the chainsaw. The chap was Irish, the van Irish and both still work. I did in 2008 buy a pressure sprayer out of a van and the pump only lasted a few hours, it now does not spray even though the engine is running fine. I need to get a new pump. I do not know if the unit had been used in a boatyard first, but kept in a box clean and tidy when in use - so was worn out, or what....... but he did have quite a few in a van

I did overheat and melt one of the two Impact driver batteries, as I did not realise it was LiOn but just NiCad in the battery packs, and so charged it up half discharged, this made it get hot and warm, and ruined it. and partly melted the charger. I was lucky. The other battery pack is now not really very good, so I normally have to charge it up before I want to use it eg an hour before. But I have a mains impact wrench for really difficult stuff and by God is it good. The Boschmann is good for doing wheel nuts up gently, before I torque to the right setting.

The chainsaw has been fine though I did seize it up once as I ran it on 50:1 instead of 25:1 and was about to dismantle the engine, and found that I was able to unseize it when really cold. It has worked fine ever since.

It's really important to realise that some thought goes into making some of these items, but at the end of the day most stuff is made in China or Taiwan. For instance, the Hyatt mains impact driver I bought, is the same one as marketed by MachineMart - not only is this evident in the size and colour, it also had the MachineMart brochure and instruction manual in the box!!. This proves that many items come here, and then stickers are peeled off and reapplied with new.

I am having trouble finding another battery pack for the Boschmann Impact driver, they seem not to be for sale any more, though they were a few years ago when I looked but did not get around to ordering. I will either open up the pack and make my own 24V pack, or run it off two older 12V car batteries in series. It's good and heavy, seems well made, and has done quite alot of cars' wheels after breaking the initial torque off with a breaker bar.

If you do buy out of a van, make sure the stuff works and both batteries run the device etc.

I have seen these Boschmann tools here in Essex, they exclusively seem to be sold out of white transit vans by Irish travellers. They are not even that cheap.
Sold alongside cheap spanners made of lead alloy & copies of other stuff all
obviously made in china & designed to fail within 5 minutes.
Anyone buying one of these or thinking it has any relation to Bosch needs their head testing. If you think you will get a guarrantee for something bought out of the back of a transit you need your head testing
Caveat emptor!

apart from the fact this is a 15 year old thread..... :D
lead spanners are also very safe. if you drop one across the battery terminals they melt before the car burns to the ground :shock: =D>

Back