BOSCH PMF 180 E AND XEO CHEAP ON B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycorleone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought in my local B&Q the Bosch PMF 180 E Multi for £50 and the Boshk XEO for £25 boots brand new. they curently have 15% off in bosch tools but for some reason in those two is a bit more :D

At the moment I can only describe the build quality, looks nice for the price:

img8464ch1.jpg

img8465ru4.jpg

img8466uo5.jpg

Nice pics thanks!
Bosch stuff is always well built - even their cheaper DIY green range.
Please let us know how you get on with it - especially the detail sander function.
Cheers
Gidon

That doesn't look like a bad buy at all.

I've got one of the Blue detail/delta sander models, which is only a sander (no saw blades or anything like that...) and, although I rarely use it, it's dead handy for getting in to tight corners on window frames, etc.

I got the 180E and can fully recommend it. I have used it for fine sanding and cutting floorboards and it works great. Dust extraction and a variable speed motor too. I was wondering just how well it would cut through thick timber being such a small tool but it wizes through it without problems. Great bit of kit. :D

You lot are no use :lol:.

Picked up one myself at £50 too :). I think this is pretty good value - Bosch green stuff is good quality / value in my experience.

Had a quick play with it lunchtime and I can see it being very handy. It's far better than a cheapo detail sander I have at sanding and the other bits can only prove useful for DIY.

What bits are most useful Mailee? And also do you know if you can get a profile sander attachment for it?

(Sort of) thanks for the heads up Andy ;). They were marked at £79.99 but went through as £50! Cheapest elsewhere £65 and stangely Screwfix have it at £99.

Cheers

Gidon

I have found the square blade the best for cutting wood myself although the semi circular blade has very fine teeth for metal. Detail sander is very good as the pad can be mounted into any position to get into those tight corners. I am not sure if you can get profiled sanding attachments but I do know that the fittings for the early Fein fit them. Worth knowing I think. HTH. :wink:

B & Q don't sell spare blades for them which i think is a bit daft, but you can get a fair selection on ebay, you have to be careful picking the blades they aren't obvious in their use (except perhaps the one for ceramics).
They aren't built as well as the Fein but they do the job as well and for the price it pays for itself the first time you use it :wink:

The metal cutting blade as far as I can tell doesn't cut steel - tried cutting a head off a screw and just get lots of smoke :(.
This is a handy site for getting Bosch spares / accessories - although have to add on VAt and postage at £4.95:
http://www.raidiy.com/
Cheers
Gidon

The metal cutting blade on the Fein does not perform either!
I borrowed a friends to cut out a screwed in shelf - now owe him a new blade :cry:

Keep reading that the Bosch blades fit the Fein, but the fitting looks quite different?

Rod

Rod - that's interesting to know. Very strange - I've tried a metal cutting (as opposed to the metal and wood one) blade too and I broke some teeth cutting through a screw! I just phoned Bosch and they said that shouldn't happen and are sending me another blade. But think I'll stick to my grinder for hard metals!
The Bosch blades fit the old Multimaster (10mm) according to the box the blade came in.
Cheers
Gidon

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Never heard of either this or the Multimaster before, and I've come across so many jobs where it would have been handy I couldn't resist.

Had a little play with it, and I'm truly suprised. What a great bit of kit, I was a bit sceptical about how good the cutting function would be on timber, I thought it would be slow and inaccurate, was wrong on both counts!!! 8)

Only downside is it's a little noisy.

Si

gents, i have a fein multi, one of the early ones, and it is a great bit of kit. i have used it to cut mortice and tenons for hand rail to newel post joints, and it took a fraction of the time and gave me great results. And i got mine for 50quid from the local cashconverters!!!

It works great with saw blades, the rasp bits and sandpaper, and i would recommend it to anyone.

the fein looks a bit better made than the bosch though...

Latest posts

Back